1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
I'm with you, **** that... This isn't like the bank deposited a million dollars by mistake and they spent it without questioning it.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
On top of that, this **** here
and slapped with interest charges, wage garnishments and tax liens if they refuse

**** you

**** you all

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I'm still wondering who thought it would be okay to do this. How do they still have a job?

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. The VA system is completely ****ed. It's sad that we are paying millions a year for education for illegal immigrant children and our vets, my brothers and sisters, are thrown out on the streets. Syrian refugees are allowed to walk right in and get shelter, healthcare, and food. Our vets get denied benefits that were promised to them and forced to repay their enlistment bonuses. This country's priorities are seriously ****ed up.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
The politicians don't give a **** about vets. Maybe a small percentage but not enough to actually enact change against this bullshit. Send our men and women off to war only to just call them heroes but not actually treat them as heroes.

·
Disgruntle Veteran
54 Posts
The government hates us vets, my disability paperwork was caught up in that huge va scandal here in houston and after 18 months or waiting for doctors appointments and a review, out of nowhere comes a big giant denial packet. As a two time combat vet (iraq-Afghan) totaling 28 months i found this to be a blasphemous punch in the dick. So here i am almost 4 years out still battling for my benefits....Thank you to all the other brothers and sisters on this forum.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Why don't we start pressing the countries we deployed our soldiers to for the money we spent helping them instead of the vets that actually earned it?
Sounds good except for one little problem... Which of the countries we have been deployed to have explicitly asked for our help? Not even getting into if we should of been there or not. Kind of hard to ask for money for "helping" them when they never asked for help lol.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Sounds good except for one little problem... Which of the countries we have been deployed to have explicitly asked for our help? Not even getting into if we should of been there or not. Kind of hard to ask for money for "helping" them when they never asked for help lol.
That's true, but where would they be if America never stepped in? Nobody really knows I guess, and it wouldn't be fair to say they owe us.

Anyways, my point is, there are far better places for the government to try and reclaim money than from our veterans. I'm just upset because I feel like this isn't about the money at all, I feel that it as a political statement more than anything.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
That's true, but where would they be if America never stepped in? Nobody really knows I guess, and it wouldn't be fair to say they owe us.

Anyways, my point is, there are far better places for the government to try and reclaim money than from our veterans. I'm just upset because I feel like this isn't about the money at all, I feel that it as a political statement more than anything.
It's really just a statement of how low they are willing to go...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts