Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I know that there are a lot of these exhaust threads. But trust me, I have done my research and I'm just looking for some personal opinions or reviews. I have a couple options as to what exhaust set up I really want.

Okay, so the car is a 2005 Mustang GT with MAC Intake and 93 Bama Tune.

Right now the current setup is Pypes off road H and Pypes Violators. I like the sound but it really just isnt what I'm looking for. I just came from an off road x and slp lm1s on my 99 GT, so I really want something a bit louder.

As far as SLP LM Axle backs, I dont want them, I know they sound bad with an off road mid pipe and I dont want to sound like a straight piped truck. So here are a few of my ideas, I would appreciate some of your input. :D

Option 1: $150 - $200
- 18" Resonated Exhaust Tip Muffler Delete custom made and welded in for factory look with a SLP LM1 muffler welded in behind the H Pipe.

Option 2: $250 - $300
- Pype Bomb Axle Back Exhaust, and if its too loud when installed, weld in Dynomax race bullets after the H for some tone.

Option 3: $390
- Pypes Mid Muffler Cat Back

Which option would give me the loudest exhaust sound with still the mildly refined tone that I am looking for? I know its hard to get that good tone and still be loud with the 3 valves.

·
Registered
789 Posts
If your keeping the O/R mid pipe on I don't think a straight through muffler is what your looking for, it'll be very, very loud. I don't think you'll have a rasp problem though because its an H not an X. I have the mid muffler and love it to death. If I were you id just start looking at yohtube and find what you like on there. Everyone here is going to like something different.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll second the mid muffler, I've got that plus the O/R h and I wouldn't change a thing...

...Except for maybe longtubes :D

But seriously, with the mm system it gives a nice tone while still being really loud when you want it to be, another plus would be the lack of drone in interior

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the sound of the mid muffler and an off road mid pipe, I've heard it in person. However, would placing the SLP's in the same place as the mufflers on the Pypes setup and then adding some resonated tips have the same effect? I dont want to spend money on a catback system simply because it has over axle pipes.

·
Registered
961 Posts
just throw some pype bombs on there. its your cheapest option, and you'll be very happy with it. if its too loud, just weld in some resonators

·
Registered
91 Posts
im not sure if having 2 sets of resonators would have the same effect or not. i think it would be a lot louder. might sound kinda cool though!

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Heres my Pypes mid muffler setup. Click on the red text for the sound before long tubes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts