Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a 87-93 kit be made to fut our sn95?? I have plans to sell a truck I have to fund a supercharger, or possibly a turbo.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I am going to say yes, i believe the only difference is the intake elbow, but wait for someone else who has done it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
depending on the brand you might need a new bracket/pulley/crank pulley

if you get vortech i could give you all the numbers off of my stuff to match yours

3.33'' pulley with 42 1/2'' belt makes 8 lbs (v1 s-trim)

you would need the little elbow from vortech

as far as turbo, ive heard 70mm is a good match with the 5.0L and as far as the kit goes boost bros makes a kit for dirt cheap

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definately need reliable. I feel like a bench builder since Im not actually gonna buy until the truck is sold, but seeing as how im in school away from home Im gonna do my research first. I would like turbo, but Ive heard I would have to possible cut some stuff. I do wanna retain my ac. And it needs to be hella reliable. Since im 3 hours away from home. So any advice is good advice. Unless its mean and then you'll hurt my feelins

·
Registered
573 Posts
well a turbo isnt going to effect your reliability if you run safe boost, if anything it will make your engine more efficient, and if its not working (exhaust leak or whatever) as long as its not throwing parts of the turbine in the engine it will run just as if it was a stock 5.0L lol

providing you dont buy a junk turbo

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just wanting it to be fun and quick. Had a frat boy act a jackass to me the other day in a Turbo Benz. How much do tunes usually run for turbo applications? Will it shorten my lifespan of the motor if its maintained? I have tons of questions

·
Registered
573 Posts
depends on who you go to and how good of a tuner they are, if they burn you a chip or whatever the case, wouldnt hurt the life span of the engine on safe boost, i think my car has 20-25k on supercharger at 8lbs, engine still has great compression, no engine leaks, and only goes to drive to the strip or a buddies house to get beat on lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See mine is a daily. Has 67k original on it. So I dont need to tear it up too bad. The company is supposedly well known. They're located in Memphis. I'd probably only run around 8 lbs. I dont wanna get close to the blocks threshold

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And I know supporting mods wise I need a bigger pump, maf, and infectors, Am I missing anything? Suspension mods too of course

·
Registered
25 Posts
As long as you get a good tune with a good air fuel ratio your reliability should stay pretty close to stock. The supporting mods that you will need will be bigger injectors and a 255lph fuel pump and a tuner. Its also a good idea to get a couple gauges to monitor your engine like a/r and EGT.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome. So what about boost control. Can that be manually set and left alone? It seems so complicated, ive built a few small block chevys and do normal maintainence im just wondering how difficult a job it is

·
Registered
25 Posts
Boost control is simple you either have a manual or electric controller, set the boost to your desired setting and your good.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol well I ran the idea by myfather. He kinda freaked when he heard the $$$ so I may have to go an alternate route.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I've been looking too much and as soon as the truck is gone Im diving in. What size injectors do I need? Will I need a winter and summer tune? 6 or 8 psi? Yes I am a question whore

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh and what kind of MAF do I need? Im assuming blow through but Im not sure what kind and whatnot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts