Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo..!
I just bought a '12 GT after attempting to get a Boss at less than $5k over MSRP, and thinking foolishly that the DAMN track key was actually a REAL item. I kept holding out until I stumbled on to the key's website and saw that the damn software isn't even gonna be released until CARB certifies it...
My primary reason for getting the new Mustang is track use, and really could care less about the alleged collect-ability of the Boss(although with open-ended production, I personally don't see them being all that rare).
I have a really good suspension/chassis guy that raced a couple SVO Mustangs the past couple of years, so I'll be able to get a good set up to have fun with the thing..(IIRC, there's a 'spec' Mustang series running around here somewhere)
As far as I'm concerned.. I've road raced motorcycles since '95, with a couple years mixed in endurance racing a Porsche GT2-class car with my brother. He talked me into getting an older 911 and racing it 10 years ago or so, which I did. I won a couple POC championships and was able to then race with him, culminating in winning the TTL 4-hour night endurance race, but missed the bikes, and hated the hassle and EXPENSE of racing cars, so I went back where I belong. I've owned a couple Evo track-day cars since then, and now that I'm old and broken down, I'm retiring from full-time bike racing, and am gonna see how much fun I can have in the Mustang on my VERY limited budget:eek:
Apart from buying an '87 GT a couple months after they were released due to having my ass handed to me in my '85 Z28 by some split-tail who couldn't even drive a stick(I was all of 20 at the time), I haven't owned any Fords(I like Duramax 2500HD's:yes). After reading a C&D article on the new Boss, then subsequent articles on the new 5-liter GT, figured it would be worth driving one to see if I might be able to have fun in one on the track.
Well, I'm here, so I drank the Kool-Aid.
I've already read about installing the Boss' intake on the GT, and look forward to finding out as much as I can on here. After googling 'Mustang forums', this site seemed like the most informative, and also seemed to have the most 'track' content of all the site's I found, so hopefully I can learn from those of you who've already spent the time and $$ seeing what works and what doesn't on these things at the track.
I promise to get out there and flog the piss outta whatever I end up with as well, so I raise my cup 'O Medfast(MedIfast?) Dutch Chocolate (Chalk-Water) 'Shake' to you, fellow members...Here's to getting old and having fun 'til the money runs out!:3gears

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts