Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying the idea around of getting a bike. I've read the noob thread pinned so my bike choices are being narrowed down to cheap and slow. Not a complete noob to motorcycles, used to ride dirt bikes all day everyday growing up but I think I'd like to get a cruiser. Wanted opinions. I've found one that I like but I want opinions before I seriously start talking to the guy. Here's what I found. I want a cruiser, I've really enjoyed some bobbers I've seen. Don't need to break any land speed records, just something to drive back and forth to work on nice day's and cruise around with my old man when he's visiting from China.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/5291829190.html

Let me know what ya'll think.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
what's your budget?

i'd take a harley nightster over a cb750. i was in the market for one for a while before falling in love with supermotos. not sure about your area, but you can get a newer (08-09) nightster (1200cc) for 2 or 3k more with a lot less miles around here

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gunning for $4500 or less. Miles don't bug me, I get free labor and pay wholesale for parts. Just something that will get me riding with minimal cost.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
From experience be very cautious of a bobber built by someone else they do a lot of half ass **** unless a well known shop built it. I had a Harley and **** Harley it's so over priced.

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I have a high school friend who heads a casual biker group out here in Vegas. Told him I was thinking about picking a bike up and he offered me a trade. Fix the bodywork on his mom's acura and he'll give me a Honda Shadow 600 that he just fixed up.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took a look at it this weekend, it's nice. The burgundy color has got to go but it's a solid bike. It's carb'd but I kind of like that. Vegas doesn't get cold enough to make cold starts much of a problem and it just means that if it breaks I can probably fix it on the side of the road. Guess I'm old school. Wife is not happy but I think I'm going to make the trade. It's a solid little bike. Light enough to man handle but rides smooth and get's up and goes if I need it to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts