Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive 180 miles total a week for work. I am currently on the stock 3.27..

Car is going in for 3.73, but I figure the car still won't be fun enough, and I will end up just supercharging it.

Or I could just get 4.10s and they'd hold me off from supercharger..

Is there really much of a loss going to 4.1os..

I just need that final push to go to 4.10s, or am I retarded driving 60 miles a day on the highway with 4.10s

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I drive mine 70 miles a day to work with the 4.10's in it. It's no big deal at all. I still average well over 20mpg on the highway, and I drive the car to Myrtle Beach a few times a year, which is a 2 hour drive, and have driven it to D.C. which is 6 hours away with the 4.10's.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I love my 3.73s. Their just perfect for my supercharger too. Although on street tires i just spin through 1st and 2nd gear. :D

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
4.10's are not equivalent to a supercharger... If you have a SC in mind, stick with the 3.73's this way you're not replacing them down the line. Mileage difference between those gearsets and even stock to 4.10 is negligible. I don't see why people worry about that. The difference that 500rpms on the highway makes will never be noticed at the pump.

Reactions: Steve03GT

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
There is nothing in your garage. What year is your car? What transmission do you have?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hmm.. Ill uplaod some pics in my garage then.
But i have an 01 GT with a vortech v-1 and other goodies.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
im driving mine to MW 1200 miles and i have 410s, still get over 20 mpg

Reactions: Steve03GT

·
5,502 Posts
I've never gotten sustained 20mpgs. My average has always been between 16-17 stock gears and 4.10s.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
:) It's alway good to keep your garage updated. There are a lot of members on the forum. Maybe its just me but I can't remember everything that everyone has.

The reason I asked the OP about his car and transmission is that a T-45 and a later T-3650 have different fifth gear ratios. 4.10s are a lot friendlier on the highway in the '02-04 GTs.

·
5,502 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its an 03 Gt, rear tires are 315s Bf Goodrich KD Gforce, would my first still be useable with 4.10s?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Yes, it's not like some people make it out to be around here. 1st gear is completely useable.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess 4.10s it is,

as gas prices go up, everyone around me is buying corollas and civics..

Im putting giant tires and steep gear, eh someones stupid.. I guess its me =)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
4.10s will not hold you off from a supercharger. You will be use to your 4.10s in 3 days and you will only want the SC more. haha.

are you one of those people that are buying into the 4.10 Hype. It's not that big of a difference from stock. It is noticeable but nothing like a supercharger like people hype it up to be.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
4.10s will not hold you off from a supercharger. You will be use to your 4.10s in 3 days and you will only want the SC more. haha.

are you one of those people that are buying into the 4.10 Hype. It's not that big of a difference from stock. It is noticeable but nothing like a supercharger like people hype it up to be.
WTF are you talking about? I picked up .46 at the track from just swapping to 4.10's from the stock gearing. Same mods, back to back weekends...... I would say almost a half second faster is a HUGE difference over stock.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
WTF are you talking about? I picked up .46 at the track from just swapping to 4.10's from the stock gearing. Same mods, back to back weekends...... I would say almost a half second faster is a HUGE difference over stock.
at the track sure. but on the street? When I got mine installed and I floored it the first time, I was expecting much more of a throw back feeling.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
That goes along with what I was saying about people saying 1st is useless with 4.10's....

While you may "feel" like you're faster by just adding a supercharger, a geared car with sticky tires is actually faster where it counts, at the track. I could care less about who's faster riding on the street.......

1 - 20 of 48 Posts