Modded Mustang Forums banner

Another Pi Intake Question?

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  MikeD05GT 
#1 ·
Hello i have a few questions. I have read a couple writeups and some differ. What do i need to have to get the manifold to fit on romeo pi heads on a 98GT. I know i need a coolant tube, but what else? I read that theres some sort of adapter, is that needed? What about Bolts do they change to or can i use my old ones? thanks

#3 ·
no adaptor needed. pi intake on pi heads, u need coolant tube(or 3ft of 5/8th heater hose) pi intake gaskets, and of course having it tapped. you can reuse the bolts from your manifold but not for your heads.

#8 ·
ugh, not like a faucet. Its just a hole from drilling it, and the threaded so you can screw the temp sending unit down in there, and that is done by the tap.

#10 ·
I'm pretty sure everyone gets it now. But to be clear, the blank needs to be drilled so that there is a hole for the temp sensor. After it's drilled to the appropriate size a "tap" is used to create the threads necessary for installation of the sensor. A tap is like a bolt, but super hard and sharp for cutting threads into soft metal.

Again, I'm sure you realized this, but wanted to make it clear if not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.