Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a few questions. I have read a couple writeups and some differ. What do i need to have to get the manifold to fit on romeo pi heads on a 98GT. I know i need a coolant tube, but what else? I read that theres some sort of adapter, is that needed? What about Bolts do they change to or can i use my old ones? thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
no adaptor needed. pi intake on pi heads, u need coolant tube(or 3ft of 5/8th heater hose) pi intake gaskets, and of course having it tapped. you can reuse the bolts from your manifold but not for your heads.

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
i never did understand what do you mean by having it tapped?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
tap...like drill a hole and add a tap like a faucet...
ugh, not like a faucet. Its just a hole from drilling it, and the threaded so you can screw the temp sending unit down in there, and that is done by the tap.

54 Posts
I'm pretty sure everyone gets it now. But to be clear, the blank needs to be drilled so that there is a hole for the temp sensor. After it's drilled to the appropriate size a "tap" is used to create the threads necessary for installation of the sensor. A tap is like a bolt, but super hard and sharp for cutting threads into soft metal.

Again, I'm sure you realized this, but wanted to make it clear if not.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
cars actually not here right now but as soon as i get home i'll take the hose and shut the water off lol....i couldnt start my car coz it was "flooded" lmao

54 Posts
I know I'm new and all, but I seriously don't see anything that even resembles a faucet on my intake. Is that just on the PI intakes?...........am I looking in the wrong spot?.....so confused...............................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts