Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I looked around but I could find what I'm looking for. If I buy a 1999-04 intake do I have to swap the heads for it to fit? I will if I have to but I was looking more at just doing cams and intake not the whole top end. I'm new to Mod motors. I'm an old 5.0er gone convert.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, yeah, the search didn't pull that up. I read that post after I posted. Thanks and be sure that I'll ask some more dummy questions before it's all said and done. I was thinking about a Typhoon intake for 99-04, trick flow plenum and throttle body, Diablo programmer and CAI with some good cams for starters. 3:73 gears are here in the box and exhaust is already done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did a full pi swap on my 96 and let me tell u tha results r awesome u could get sum pi heads for about $300 with Cams. If I was u I would go with pi intake pi heads and sum comp cams with a tuner

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
how much did you spend on other stuff tho to make the pi heads and cams work. dont u need alot of gaskets and etc

·
Registered
149 Posts
just remember all the little stuff adds up quick $

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
avoid the typhoon intake unless your putting down power.... 300+

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
avoid the typhoon intake unless your putting down power.... 300+

I couldn't agree more. That p.o.s. has only been shown to add like 10 hp at a price of $700. That is crazy. You could get alot more bang for your buck elsewhere.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, you guys really don't like the Typhoon. What else is available? Oh yeah, I know the little stuff adds up. I'm putting together a budget sheet and I'm already into the $2k range. Believe it or not, the little stuff is about half of the overall cost.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I would suggest a bullitt intake if you are going to add boost in the future or a P51 intake if not.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
what about that victor jr manifold or w/e

·
Registered
678 Posts
The Typhoon intake is best used as a paper weight. You will need to add forced induction or a whole lot of RPM to take advantage of any intake other than a stock PI intake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts