Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plane crashes in Taiwan, killing dozens: reports

plane crashed while attempting to land in stormy weather at a small airport in Taiwan on Wednesday, with 47 people "trapped and feared dead," a transport minister told the Associated Press.

Taiwan's Transport Minister Yeh Kuang-shih told the government's Central News Agency 11 others were injured in the crash, the AP said. Earlier, a fire official said that 51 people had been killed and 7 had been injured.

Reuters reported 47 people were killed in the crash, citing China's Xinhua news agency.

The TransAsia Airways flight, en route to Taipei, was carrying 54 passengers and four flight crew when it crashed during a second landing attempt on the typhoon-battered island of Penghu, officials said.

Photos, reportedly taken from the crash site, show firefighters sifting through the plane's wreckage.

Un avion s'écrase à #Taïwan, 51 personnes auraient été tuées. Ce que l'on sait > Un avion de TransAsia Airways s'écrase à Taïwan ? i>TELE #GE222 pic.twitter.com/5ErgTRXG7g
— itele (@itele) July 23, 2014
Les premières photos du site du crash du vol #GE222 de la TransAsia Airways (v/ @PzFeed) pic.twitter.com/7pNZ9SsXau
— itele (@itele) July 23, 2014

Another image, shown on Chinese television, shows what appears to be a fire near the airport.

Photo shows nearby of the airport in Taiwan’s Penghu County where a TransAsia Airways plane caught fire; 51 died pic.twitter.com/nvZWKQuMGY
— People's Daily,China (@PDChina) July 23, 2014

The plane, a 70-seat twin-engine turboprop ATR 72, crashed near the runway, Reuters reported.

Typhoon Matmo hit Taiwan on Wednesday, bringing heavy rains and strong winds to the region.

Malaysia Airlines, which operated the doomed flight that crashed in Ukraine last week, offered its condolences to TransAsia Air via Twitter.

Our thoughts are with all those on board TransAsia Airways #GE222, their families and loved ones.
— Malaysia Airlines (@MAS) July 23, 2014

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
For a few years there wasnt alot in the news as far as planes going down for any reason. I guess the statistics finally caught up with the good luck and now the metrics are just catching up to keep "the average". Its just too bad because all of them lately have been due to humans making gross mistakes which means they were all preventable. Bad training, bad judgement, human error and war seem to be the common causes which could all be eliminated.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
*Plane

Fixed.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Huh? I was just saying that plane crashed make me mad. :rolleyes:
I have family that lives in Laurel.

I do feel slightly better knowing that at least this was a mistake and not some cock suckers shooting it out of the sky for fun/whatever reason.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
money and or crazy= 99.9% of plane crashes???????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts