Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I will be putting my car back together over the winter getting it ready for the warmer weather and would like to know what kind of numbers I can look forward to. Here's my set up:
306 bottom end should have just over 10:1 compression
5speed
Holley 650
Weiand stealth intake
Gt40 heads ported 1.6 rockers
Trick flow stage 2 cam
Flowtech longtube headers
Offroad x-pipe
Spintech pro-street mufflers
3.73 rear

I think that's everything haha thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
990 Posts
Pretty similar to mine in sig, so 260-270ish. Can't know for sure since I don't know my cam.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Your intake ported bro? It's not that weiand is bad, but I've seen better results from them being ported.

Who ported your heads?

The cam has a little too much lift, but the duration will help you out. Looks like you got a solid combo together huh?

Let me know when it's all running and ill come take a look at it. Never saw it in person :lol

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
As for my guess, it depends on the info above, but I'd say a solid 275hp/300ftlbs. Realspeed will let you do 3 pulls for like 75 bucks, do that ;)

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your intake ported bro? It's not that weiand is bad, but I've seen better results from them being ported.

Who ported your heads?

The cam has a little too much lift, but the duration will help you out. Looks like you got a solid combo together huh?

Let me know when it's all running and ill come take a look at it. Never saw it in person :lol

Sent from my galaxy s II
My buddy who I used to work with ported the heads, he's been building foxes forever lol, no the intake isn't ported should I have him port that as well? The exterior is still rough as hell but a buddy of mine said I can use his booth to spray it so that should be good

·
Registered
990 Posts
The guy who tuned mine on the dyno had it as high as 285, as more of a drag tune, so depending on what you are doing possibly more. Also mine was not on a dynojet, or it would have been about 12% higher ;) Don't really mean much, as I prefer the seat dyno, and mine is calling for more power needed.

I'm not sure about that intake being real hp friendly. I've got one on a stockish 302 we're getting ready to drop in my sons car. My understanding is it's more for lower revving higher torque applications. Perhaps my understanding is wrong.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
The guy who tuned mine on the dyno had it as high as 285, as more of a drag tune, so depending on what you are doing possibly more. Also mine was not on a dynojet, or it would have been about 12% higher ;) Don't really mean much, as I prefer the seat dyno, and mine is calling for more power needed.

I'm not sure about that intake being real hp friendly. I've got one on a stockish 302 we're getting ready to drop in my sons car. My understanding is it's more for lower revving higher torque applications. Perhaps my understanding is wrong.
Im pretty sure you're right. I believe it's a dual plane intake.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
My buddy who I used to work with ported the heads, he's been building foxes forever lol, no the intake isn't ported should I have him port that as well? The exterior is still rough as hell but a buddy of mine said I can use his booth to spray it so that should be good

I think you should have it ported. Everything helps.

It's a dual plane intake, correct?

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
990 Posts
yeah, it's a dual plane.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What intake would you guys suggest to maximize my power....this car will see the track maybe a few times, mainly just a fun street car that will be taken out every once in a while

·
Registered
990 Posts
It would probably work fine for that. I was just saying it might not throw down the best HP #. But there's really no need to get wrapped up in hp to much, if it's mainly for the street it should be a fun ride.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
What intake would you guys suggest to maximize my power....this car will see the track maybe a few times, mainly just a fun street car that will be taken out every once in a while

Budget

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It would probably work fine for that. I was just saying it might not throw down the best HP #. But there's really no need to get wrapped up in hp to much, if it's mainly for the street it should be a fun ride.
I agree 100%, everyone gets too wrapped up in HP numbers. Run it down the track, that's a true test of performance!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts