Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got a whole PI motor with 80k miles in it and I am gonna go kenny bell in feburary.. I was talkin to AC about boring the block .20 because the intake valves are so close to the cylinder walls that it lets the motor breath better. Of course that was on his N/A car but I was wondering if this would also be any great gain for a boosted setup? Also what should I do to the heads? Should I get new ones or stay with the PI heads and port them? What throttle body do I need to run with the kenny bell? I am looking for about 450WHP. I already know about pistons and rods so I am trying to find some cobra ones but no luck so far on cheap ones.. -Drew

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
450hp is right on the limit. You could do 400 on the stock block. If you want 450 you are getting damn close to a forged block. More displacement is always better. It all depends on your budget. If you have $10K for a built motor and the blower, then forge the engine, and get the 2.6H because 450 won't be enough. If you only have ~$5K, just put the blower on the stock block and keep the boost below 10 with the 2.1.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Forging the rotating assembly is never a bad idea...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts