Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I never actually checked the car to see if it had the iPod hook up in the centre console box. My brothers new 2008 Mustang GT does and was wondering if the 06 models do (has the Shaker 500 system). I checked around google but it got me no where, so if anyone knows or has any experience with this, please let em know.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I put one in my car the other day...
2005-2006 FORD MUSTANG AUX INPUT ADAPTER XM/iRIVER - eBay (item 150037756593 end time Feb-14-08 20:13:31 PST)
I got one for $56 of ebay shipped to my house...

You pop out your dash by unscrewing the bolts right below your arm rest then you lift the console out over your shift and E brake... Put it in you back seat...

You have two plastic things on the sides of your stock radio... You can easily pull those from each side when the console is out...

Then you will see plent of bolts too unscrew I think at this point there are 3 on each side...

You remove the frame which contains the AC controls and light outlet... you have to unplug everything first...

Then there are 4 bolts around your radio set... Unscrew then the Pull it out...

YOu up plug all the plugs then you hook the PIE adapter up too the one it fits into...

You then have to find a 12v powers source and a Ground...

I used a Ground input that I placed under one of the stock bolts on the Alarm system...

Then you will need too on the very big plug find a 12 v source that turns on and off with the system...

I believe I used the last one all the way too the right...

You place everything back in you hook your RCA wire up and run it out the side then down through the console into the center console....

This all sounds like **** I will post pics up in the next couple days... I need to find time too take things apart agian...

This took me... Maybe 45mins probally less... I knew how too take my console apart in 10 mins though....

Joe

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I would recomend the Brandmotion, it doesn't require you to split any wires for the 12v, unlike the PIE, you need to check the radio through the diagnostic and get its P/N to see if its compatable with the Brandmotion by checking their compatability chart, if not, the PIE isn't a bad choice.

Brandmotion

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I would recomend the Brandmotion, it doesn't require you to split any wires for the 12v, unlike the PIE, you need to check the radio through the diagnostic and get its P/N to see if its compatable with the Brandmotion by checking their compatability chart, if not, the PIE isn't a bad choice.

Brandmotion

yup, hit the nail! the brandmotion is the best Ipod hookup for our vehicles/head units. allows you to control the ipod through the headunit itself and charges the ipod. it also displays the song/artist info on the screen of the stock head unit. very very easy to install. don't go with cheap PIE adapters. most of the time they dont charge the ipod and you have to control the songs from your ipod. personally, thats not my thing. I'd rather have my music at the push of a finger, rather than holding an ipod and scrolling. they did not start putting your brothers ipod hookup in the stangs until 2007 models. however, the only drawback to that system is that it doesn't charge the ipod either. its a simple pie adapter

if your interested, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you where to get the Brandmotion unit for $199 shipped.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Awsome, thanks for the suggestions guys. Gonna PM you Maverick.

I dont use a ipod.... Microsoft all the way... (ZUNE)....

The Pie was just plug and play for me... Only pain in the ass was finding the 12 v source...

But since you have an IPOD you can even go to ford and order a AUX through them...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You know what luis you can blow me...

I love virus's and freezing and all the crazy problems....

**** MAC....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Zune's alright.....I got one, but recently bought an Ipod touch. That thing is sweet. I don't think that Brandmotion product would work with my car because I have an 06 Gt w/Shaker 500 6-disc changer. Any other ideas for Ipod hookup?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zune's alright.....I got one, but recently bought an Ipod touch. That thing is sweet. I don't think that Brandmotion product would work with my car because I have an 06 Gt w/Shaker 500 6-disc changer. Any other ideas for Ipod hookup?
That's the system I have. Hoping I can get my iPod hooked up and working out of the dash. Really don't want to start burning all my iPod music onto CDs.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

I have shaker 1000 and mine works awesome... Speed vol still works and all....

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

it should!!

did you check the compatibility chart???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts