Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know theres a similar topic to this posted but i didnt want to hijack the thread. im looking at 01 cobras and i was wondering about the irs. ive heard the wheel hop is pretty bad. would beefing up the irs be enough to eliminate most of that or would i have to do a solid axle swap? what am i looking at for parts, money and labor for either one of those? thats a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
It all depends on the power you are gonna push and what you are gonna do with the car. drag, road course or just a DD. Beefing up the IRS and suspension mods will help hop but won't eliminate it. A solid swap realy shouldn't be on your list unless you are gonna do alot of power, or drag race it, unless you just want it. The handling, cornering and ride of the IRS is superior to a solid, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know that about the irs. i just want a DD with full bolt ons eventually. nothing crazy. so i guess i should just beef up the irs?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
From what I have heard, a Maximum Motorsports IRS Grip Box and some good tires will take care of all your issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts