Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inbetween 2000-2500 rpms my car has been making a strange noise. It's really hard to explain, almost like a high pitched fart that lasts for one second... I'm fairly certain its coming from under my hood, and i can't find a way to repeat it, from what i can tell it's 100% random. Sometimes it will do it, sometimes it won't. I googled it and came up with nothing. I've also been having a problem with one of my injectors making a high pitched whine. I'm not sure if that would have something to do with it though. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
This is just a shot in the dark but could it be ball bearing noise? Such as bearing inside the alternator, tensioner or idler pullies? Look directly behind the tensioner pulley on the timing cover and see if the pulley is scrubbing the cover, this sound will come and go as the pulley/bearing/tensioner wears.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm, ok i'll go have a look at it now. Thanks

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I have a wierd issue too. Seems like only when the AC is on, around 2800rpm I get a loud high pitched whine.

I would look at that injector, might be crappin out.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a wierd issue too. Seems like only when the AC is on, around 2800rpm I get a loud high pitched whine.

I would look at that injector, might be crappin out.
I'm thinking about just replacing all my injectors. Would 24lb injectors be ok on a basically stock mustang? On AM it says there for mustangs from 250-375 hp. Well with my catback and 93 octane tune i'm thinkin i'm probably at 230-235. It wouldn't hurt anything would it? I'm hoping to get longtubes and a midpipe soon which would put me up above 250.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You need to get your MAF re-calibrated. Its a pain in the ass. I would just look for a used set of injectors, or new ones. Unless you know exactly which one is making the noise, then just replace that one.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can an email tune from BAMA recalibrate my MAF? And yes i do know which injector is making the noise. But I still have no idea about the other noise (the one i made this thread about)

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Holy cow... Are you a hypocondriact (sp)? My car does that too. I have had a strange high pitched ringing sound from my engine bay for 80,000 miles. It is intermittent and every time I look for it I doesn't ring. There are times when you let the dang thing fail and then replace it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Holy cow... Are you a hypocondriact (sp)? My car does that too. I have had a strange high pitched ringing sound from my engine bay for 80,000 miles. It is intermittent and every time I look for it I doesn't ring. There are times when you let the dang thing fail and then replace it.
I really think I am a hypochondriac. I usually just live on with my problem because I have no money to fix anything tho haha.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When it comes to my car, yes i am lol. I don't like noises that I'm not familiar with coming from my car. It bugs the piss out of my. I also discovered tonight that one of my calipers is sticking :mad:

Now i just have to figure out which one....

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Hell thats easy. Jack the car up and spin the wheels.

By the way, I had a sticking caliper on the driver's front wheel put me in a ditch one time. I was going around a corner and gave it some gas. I hit black ice and the car fish tailed. I have experienced this many time and turned into the slide. It didn't move. The stuck caliper just make the slide worse. It dragged the front end back and let the rear end slide around. There wasn't any recovery possible and I ended up in the ditch.

I now take stuck calipers seriously.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hell thats easy. Jack the car up and spin the wheels.

By the way, I had a sticking caliper on the driver's front wheel put me in a ditch one time. I was going around a corner and gave it some gas. I hit black ice and the car fish tailed. I have experienced this many time and turned into the slide. It didn't move. The stuck caliper just make the slide worse. It dragged the front end back and let the rear end slide around. There wasn't any recovery possible and I ended up in the ditch.

I now take stuck calipers seriously.
I don't believe it's actually "stuck", just rubbing. I'm not even sure which one it is yet but i definately hear the "wet brakes" type noise when moving slowly.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Eh... :shiftyeyes All disc brake are suppose to rub a little. I'm assuming you mean more that usual.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts