Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have GT 500 take offs and currently running 255/45/18 INVO front and 285/40/18 555 rear, I am going to go with the same size all around this time 275/40/18 in hopes of rotating for longer life. I have 20k miles on this set. The invo's look i have a couple monts left at max , but the 555 still have plenty of tread.

Ok so my question is what tire does everyone reccomend if i am mostly looking for long tread life. I don't go to the track and drive about 60% highway and 40% city. I would still like a good handling and performance as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
not sure since many of the performance tires are directional and can't be rotated. pm jucostud and ask his opinion.

·
Registered
789 Posts
not sure since many of the performance tires are directional and can't be rotated. pm jucostud and ask his opinion.
He's going with the same size front and rear so he can rotate toward to back, the only thing that would wear out unevenly is the outside edge because of camber and toe I think. Correct me if im wrong though

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
thought the gt500 wheels were different widths though or were the take-off's just tires

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the wheels are all 18x9.5 with 45mil offset

·
Registered
789 Posts
I took it as he was getting 4 rims that were the same width.

If your keeping wider rims in the back than the front you shouldn't rotate them, no matter the tire size. The footprint will change

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
I'd do Nt555's for the longest treAd life. I've gotten over 30k out of them before. Not only should u rotate the front to back, but flip them when they are about half way worn.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most place offer free lifetime rotation these days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts