Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a set of rear tires for my 16" ponies and I was looking at going with kuhmos, I finally got the car running good and on the road. All I got with the car was two sets of drag radials, which are fine for the track and weekends but I was looking for a decent priced road tire that only has to perform on dry roads unless I get stuck in the rain. Also what size tires do you guys like on a '93 with 16" ponies, I am probably going to want to go as wide as possible an still look good.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
might look into a bfg......you might run a 245 on a stock wheel

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought a pair of BFG drag radials...cheap tire but i have heard good things. Not as good as the ET street but its my first pair of drag type tires and i am pleased.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
225/55/16,245/50/16s,255/50/16 most any Z rated tire is going to suck in the rain,snow and below 50 degrees. take this into consideration when you order your tires

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is not gonna get driven in the snow or rain unless I get stuck in it by chance. I am looking for a tire I can drive on and have some tread, I have two sets of BFG Drag Radials already. I am going toward the Kuhmos does anybody roll on these and can tell me about them .....................

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ive got the kumos on mine its a 90 lx 5.0 with a few bolt ons. there suposed to be good rain tires. they were allready on the car when i bought it 2 years ago, ive only put around 1000 miles on them, i have the highest line of tires they make.

IMO im saving up for some different tires....forget hooking up with the kumos, i can break them loose all the way threw 2nd gear. and i got it dynoed and the car is only pushing 267 to the rear wheels. just my opinion though.

i guess for a street tire there ok. Ive never had anything else (im only 18) lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with a set of Riken Raptors...they wereonly like $131 for a set shipped to my door next day and they are supposed to be real good in dry and have good traction. I guess what really sold me on them as the fact that they are produced by Michelin. Thanks for the input guys....I have kuhmos on front and I decided to just go with 245's so I can rotate them anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts