Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

I just recieved my tuner and when I plug it into the port I get "Filesystem Initializing" for like 10 - 15 minutes then "Invalid Block lead id - 252 8388607" I am sure this is not normal. Any thoughts?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
You got one of the tuners that still has a bug.

Send it back.. the X3's still have some issues to work out.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Whatever you do don't send them an e mail,and wait for an answer.Call their Tech Support.They were very helpful in getting my problems resolved,of course after a week,I was so frustrated I went right to their office,now it's working great...:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so at this point I am done with this unit. I have tried everything offered from SCT, have not heard back from Doug yet (I hear that is common) and 379.00 dollars later I still have a broken X3. I tried all the firmware and reformating recomended for these units but I cant get the software that you download from SCT to engage the programmer correctly.

Once I plug in the unit and initiate a command be it reformating or updating Firmware the program on the PC freezes and spits out error messages cannot read bla bla bla. Is it unreasonable to request a new tuner shipped express along with an RMA to send this one back? I am a patient person up to a point...after you have my money I would think you would be working for me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I had the same problem...SCT Tech worked with me online remotely,installing all the updated firmware,and still had the same problem.I finally went to their office requsting an X2.That's when the lead Tech stepped in and corrected the problem.Went out to the car installed the tune,and CAI...Everything is good now....Good Luck..:eek:
so at this point I am done with this unit. I have tried everything offered from SCT, have not heard back from Doug yet (I hear that is common) and 379.00 dollars later I still have a broken X3. I tried all the firmware and reformating recomended for these units but I cant get the software that you download from SCT to engage the programmer correctly.

Once I plug in the unit and initiate a command be it reformating or updating Firmware the program on the PC freezes and spits out error messages cannot read bla bla bla. Is it unreasonable to request a new tuner shipped express along with an RMA to send this one back? I am a patient person up to a point...after you have my money I would think you would be working for me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I went through all of this 2-3 weeks ago. You have to call them. DO NOT email. They responded to my email . . . like yesterday . . . not realizing that I had already talked to their tech support on the phone. They will remote into your computer and fix the problem. BTW, one thing they do not mention on their website is that you have to download the livewire drivers for windows in order for you computer to see the device. Go to the livewire downloads and grab those drivers. There is a driver install tutorial for the Xcal2 on the site under the "Tutorials" section . . . X3 works about the same way. Still easiest way . . . call them . . . they will remote link to your computer and walk you through everything. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I went through all of this 2-3 weeks ago. You have to call them. DO NOT email. They responded to my email . . . like yesterday . . . not realizing that I had already talked to their tech support on the phone. They will remote into your computer and fix the problem. BTW, one thing they do not mention on their website is that you have to download the livewire drivers for windows in order for you computer to see the device. Go to the livewire downloads and grab those drivers. There is a driver install tutorial for the Xcal2 on the site under the "Tutorials" section . . . X3 works about the same way. Still easiest way . . . call them . . . they will remote link to your computer and walk you through everything. Good luck.
+1 Just call and wait. SCT is revamping its support crew and hiring more people. It should be much better in the near future.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I have an update, I spoke with a tech from SCT who remotely linked into my PC and could not access the tuner either. He suggested that the tuner has a faulty USB port and to send it in for repair. I talked to Doug (via phone) and he will reimburse me the cost of shipping this to SCT. I initially was going to send this back to him and have him ship me another one but currently he is out...go figure. He also mentioned that SCT will turn it around faster and then when I get it back I can just load his tunes all over again. Kind of a pain in the ass but it will have to do...I will keep you posted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts