Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i recently went to a friends house for some casual car talk. It was late and as i was leaving (night time) this truck had stopped next to my car, and i could see two guys looking at my car. when they noticed me, they sped off.

So does anyone know of a neat way to rig the ride so that it would be a harded to drive off with? a kill swith? anything of that nature would be awesome. thanks inadvance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey guys, so i recently went to a friends house for some casual car talk. It was late and as i was leaving (night time) this truck had stopped next to my car, and i could see two guys looking at my car. when they noticed me, they sped off.

So does anyone know of a neat way to rig the ride so that it would be a harded to drive off with? a kill swith? anything of that nature would be awesome. thanks inadvance.
Full Coverage?
Remove the battery everytime? LoL

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, FULL coverage. However they wont give me near the $$$ that has been dumped into the Stang.

Heavy ass Duralast tho. Maybe if i relocate the battery and oppt for an Oddessy one (compact)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, FULL coverage. However they wont give me near the $$$ that has been dumped into the Stang.

Heavy ass Duralast tho. Maybe if i relocate the battery and oppt for an Oddessy one (compact)
Don't be a puss, just remove it. It can't be that heavy. :p haha
I know what you mean about cover, I hate that ****. Might want to invest in one hell of a good alarm system. I just found out my car needs this chip (removable) to start the car. My little brothers had it too. It's legit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i sometimes get home a lil tankes so, pulling the battery out may be the last thing on my mind on those party nights. can u get more info on that chip thing?

·
Registered
224 Posts
i sometimes get home a lil tankes so, pulling the battery out may be the last thing on my mind on those party nights. can u get more info on that chip thing?
I wish I could, because then I'd get a better/new one for my car, but I have no idea what their called. I can take a picture of mine for you if you want.

My little brothers in his Jeep was sick, but it came with that. Mine doesn't work properly, sometimes you can start it without it, sometimes it wont even bother.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had someone fail at breaking into mine, just wrecked the dust cover to the lock and the door skin around the lock. After that I started pulling the coil wire if I was parking it for more than a couple hours. I don't imagine a lot of thieves carry spare parts on hand.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Bolt a latch to the outside to the body/door and add a set off heavy duty locks. (Like a lock system on a shed door :D)

Or you could add another lock mechanism to act as a deadbolt.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i wanna say that MSD has a ignition box that has an anti-theft built in, it basically wont let the car start when its activated.

if the car doesnt start..then they cant steal it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
If your car is automatic there is a neutral safety switch where the clutch would go that has a jumper on it. If you take the jumper off a wire in a switch the car wont start till you hit the switch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about a removable steering wheel? if you can start the car, big whoop! can u steer it with no wheel?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
flatten the tires.

You can always put a toggle switch in between the computer fuse. FLip it when you arent there or around it, thwen when you come out, flip it back and drive on.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sit a nice cougar in the back seat! :D
LOL Ricki Bobbie style LOL!!!

Did anyone ever see the commercials a while back of "the trunk monkey"? The monkey comes with a billy club, wacks the bad guy while trying to start the car. Then dumps the body over the nearest bridge. Just a thought.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Toggle switch sounds good. Does anyone have this?

·
Registered
235 Posts
lol toggle switch sounds best, but also why not just get one of those steering wheel lock things? Also taking the car battery might not be best idea when you want car alarm to actually go off. And also if you want to know a funny way of catching someone get a $50 netbook or some crap and put LoJack on it. Second it connects to their internet BAM LoJack is alerted of their address :p

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Easiest way I can think of is to tap one of the wires to the inertia switch and put a toggle on it hidden somewhere. It will kill the fuel pump and they'll never get it running.

If they really want the car, they will get it either way. :/
But I agree with this. Every watch those shows about the towing and repo companies that can take a car in less than 30 seconds with a tow truck? If someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it. If you really want to **** the guys over that steal your car, bury a GPS tracker with a back up battery somewhere in the car. They steal it, and you track it on your computer and call the cops and tell them where it is. Just don't put it under the dash anywhere because that's the first place a thief will look for alarms and starter interrupt circuits.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts