Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning going out to my car I tried to get in it like normal, unlocked the door but when I opened the door the Alarm System started going off. It has an aftermarket alarm that was in the car when I bought it. I tried the Key fob and it didnt work, looked for a kill switch but could not find it either. Its 4am in the moring and the thing is deafening loud. went inside and changed the battery on the fob as fast as I could and grabbed a wrench for the battery. Tried the Fob again and it didnt work, and so i just disconnected to battery to get it to shut up. (Whole neighborhood is up by now to see who is stealing a car.) Waited a min to reconnect the battery, when I reconected it, it started blarling again, but the anti theft light was solid (instead of flashing, solid is normal). So I cut just the horn power wire to see if it would just stop and I could drive, but the anti theft light started flashing and would not let me start the car. Left it as is, as i got a ride to work. Im at work till late but can try something when I get home, but any ideas what to do? Really need the car for tomorrow, but know I might not have it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then my only options are a Dealer or a Tuner then right? Unless someone has another idea? I hope when I get home and can look at it I might have more info. Cause my key does not seem chipped. Its like a spare key that Home Depot can make. Its not big and rounded like a chipped key.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well good news! Found on another forum that there might be a small reset switch somewhere and after about 30 mins of searching I found it. just had to flick it while the key was in th ON position. Glad it was that easy. Still getting a tuner, but now I can wait till I actually have enough saved.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was under inside the plastic cover for the steering cover. Would never have found it if it were not for the WRX forums that google linked me to. It listed about 15 places it could be, just started with the easiest first!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It was under inside the plastic cover for the steering cover. Would never have found it if it were not for the WRX forums that google linked me to. It listed about 15 places it could be, just started with the easiest first!
yeah i used to have a f150 truck that had the alarm switch in basically the same place. luckily when the keys wernt working we were parked across from a ford dealership and they showed us :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts