Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a horrible smell a few weeks ago in my car and spent a good hour looking around for a dead rat or something :lol Then I get home from school and the coolant light is on so I throw some in. About a week later (today) the coolant light came on again and it's pretty low. I also made the connection that the horrible dying smell smells exactly like my coolant. What's going on here?

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
There is a dead animal located somewhere inaccessible in the car. The coolant leak is just coincidence.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No white smoke and I didn't notice any wetness, I'll have to go out and check to be sure later.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any white smoke? wet carpet under dash?
Just went out and checked, the carpet is definitely wet. Also, the smell is coming from the a/c vents.

I'm getting kinda worried now...

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
F#^k. No way in hell am I going to pull that thing out myself. Time to drop more $$$ :(

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm terrified of tearing my car apart lol

Is there a write-up on how to do this for new edges? I found one for 96-98 but I'm not sure if it's the same.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ Do tell.

I don't use heat or a/c anyway. :lol

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The two lines that go into the firewall, input and output. Instead of routing the input to the firewall route it to wherever the output goes. Intake I think.
Any pictures that show this? I'm not too good with stuff under the hood.

·
thechris90
62 Posts
on the pass side of the car under the hood you will see two lines (3/4 i believe) one running from the fire wall to the intake manifold, the other from the fire wall running down, cut the hoses from the firewall and connect them. donezo, ill take pics of mine and post tomarrow. i used a copper elbow to connect mine with some form-a-gasket. have not had any issues for like 10k miles

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 31 Posts