Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i took pics of my undercarriage a second ago. they're pretty good pics i think, hopefully one of u guys can gimmie a better idea of where its comin from. heres pics:

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Its leaking out, have you already checked your hoses for cracks? hole in the rad all the standard stuff? heater core lines?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Its leaking out, have you already checked your hoses for cracks? hole in the rad all the standard stuff? heater core lines?
thats the driver side, all our main water hoses are on the passenger side

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
its running along the block though I still say radiator hoses

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
it doesn't make sense to me ... you can check your rad hoses but seeing as you have a single port thats of about the proper millage, im calling head gasket blown

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
nah itd be a bad valve cover gasket if it was running down the block like that

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Well he needs to check the head gasket oil in coolant or coolant in oil?? also the leak could be from anywhere and it just travels as the car is in motion. Bosses Taurus had a tranny line by the rad leaking but it looked like it was Coming from the back of the tranny cuz it traveled as the car was moving.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
im just saying that its not going to jump across the car like you are suggesting is all... ...there is the heater core line that hits the top of the water pump that is pointed in that direction, the lower rad hose is pointed in that direction, and the top one, if cracked just right can point on that side too... check those first if they check out come back with more pictures

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok im back home, in about 30 mins my dads gonna help me check it. someone give me a list of all things i should check, that aint hard 2 see? thanks guys.
and my car has 102k miles now

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
In the second picture down I see a lot of crusty deposit on a freeze plug. I'd take a look at the freeze plug.

The other possibility for leakage in that area could be a head gasket external leak. If the crusty deposits extend above the freeze plug I would suspect that.

As mentioned above a leak from the radiator hoses would most likely go to the drivers side of the block.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
One issue is that, from pictures I took of a 3.8L mustang engine with the heads off, there are water passageways through the head gasket on the exhaust manifold side of the head near where you are seeing the leakage. So if the leakage is coming from the joint between the head and block, it is most likely a head gasket.

On the other hand, from the picture you have it looks like the crusty deposits don't extend above the freeze plug, so most likely it's a freeze plug leak.

If it is a freeze plug I don't know how hard it is to replace with the amount of access that is available

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the leak is on the driver side

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and by the way, as stupid as i feel, seeing as how it was right in my face while i was under the car... my dad said yes it was a freeze plug. its leakin down the block. it is going to be... hmm.. a BITCH to get to. i love my ford i love my ford i love my ford

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

GAHHHHHH =[

1 - 20 of 22 Posts