Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally ready to boost and ive been looking at D1s and T trims. I found a good deal on a V1 T trim head unit, 2.75 pulley and feed/drain lines that i will hopefully be purchasing soon. Does anyone have any soundclips of a V1 T trim at idle and or driving? Ive heard they are loud which i want but i want the whine/whistle of the blower, not a ton of clanging and chatter (which ive also heard V1s make due to the straight gears). I just want to hear some clips before i decide on v1 or to wait on a v2 or D1

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Here are a couple videos to give you an ideal on the T trim they are not the best videos but you can her the blower.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! Thanks a ton SSG! I really wanna pull the trigger on the T trim but i want to be happy with my decision too.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
No problem, You will be happy with a T trim if 600-700RWHP will satisfy you.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It better lol! I think i want to get 600 out of this car then shoot for getting a terminator. I think im going with a treadstone intercooler with the universal pipe kit and probably tial 50mm bov. Then just need MAF and all the fuel goodies besides rails. Ive got $3k to spend right now so trying to spend it wisely

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Personally, I found the V1 T-Trim to be annoying after awhile. I'm just not a real fan of a chattering or whistle noise I guess...lol...Anyway, I sent it to Vortech and I had them replace the V1 straight cut gears for the V2 helical gearing along with a rebuild. Now, there is no noise which I like..sleeper effect..:)

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Mustangs are Muscle cars I considers a built honda to be a sleeper not a V-8 Mustang. I am assuming your running a stock cam to complete the sleeper effect, and a stock quiet exaust? I would be totally not satisfied if I could not hear my blower its music to my ears everytime I start her up.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use to want a sleeper but the cams pretty much give me away, so i changed the looks to make the car look as mean as it sounds. Ive got enough power to hang with or beat C5 vettes and turbo hondas right nw, bt I wanna boost and be able to hang with or beat Vipers and boosted SS's! I want to be able to hear the blower "whistle" over my LT's and cams at idle, i want people to know the Stang means business

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plus i plan on 600 or so RWHP so im sure with 20+ lbs of boost any blower is going to make music to my ears, but i am absolutely loving the sound of the V1 T trim! When i pull up, people will def think twice about reving up at me, they already do from the exhaust and cams anyway lol!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I do like the D1's because they sound nasty at upper rpms. Sounds like a huge turbo spool.

But both blowers perform about the same, IMO the edge goes to a t trim

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Plus i plan on 600 or so RWHP so im sure with 20+ lbs of boost any blower is going to make music to my ears, but i am absolutely loving the sound of the V1 T trim! When i pull up, people will def think twice about reving up at me, they already do from the exhaust and cams anyway lol!
People will always rev at you if your car looks or sounds like it goes fast in any way. lol. Kenne bell ftw, cant here it at idle but when you stomp the gas, its sounds like a rabid rc car from hell. lol. Good luck with your build. Love your car already.

edit: cabikejumper, your car sounds straight up nasty. reps

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, i appreciate all the help and info! I know all you guys have already been down this road and this will.be my first forced induction build so im very greatful for the assistance. Everyone thats chimed in seems to have my favorite 2Vs on here too lol! Im def going to get the T-trim Friday!

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Where are you getting the Supercharger from?

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found one on Corral in the classifieds. Guy said its got 5k miles on it, no leaks or play, comes with 2.75 pulley (was running a 10% overdrive which i forgot ill also hav to get) and an oil feed & drain line. Asking $1200 shipped i believe. His 2V put out over 650 rwhp with it but he switched to twin turbos

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
He looks legit and has good feedback, however you will be needing injectors and a fuel system capable of supporting more power.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya, theres alot i still need. Was planning on doing the fuel now but i dont want to pass on the deal, especially if i can get it for $1000 or something. I still need an intercooler, bov, piping, maf, and fuel system (besides rails) before I can bolt it up. Im not too sure where to start with my fuel system yet. I def wanna go e85. I know ill need pumps, injectors, more than likely lines and pry a fuel tank to go return. I still need to do some homework on the fuel system.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Just let me know when you get ready to do a fuel system Im actally running E-85 right now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts