Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been running dual flowmaster 40's for a bit now, with divorced duals. Sounds great but was wondering if there is anything louder / meaner muffler wise I could have swapped in real easy? I'e keep all my piping and everything already on there and just swap both mufflers.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Thats what I plan on running (the slps)...but has anyone heard them on one of these cars?

·
Registered
18 Posts
AMDanBailer one of the american muscle reps on this site posted in my topic that he wanted to warn me they are known for being loud! So i'm guessing they're pretty loud if he was warning me about them

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
don't know about v6's but on my v8 i went from flowmaster to slp lm's and it was a night and day difference. slp is MUCH louder

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
Yup. Slps are straight throughs so they're probably one of the loudest setups you can run besides magnaflows, and those sound like ****. Sooo...

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
Don't do them on a v6. If you want loud go with flwmaster 10s. They are loud. But they also have a 1 chamber. It gives a nice deep tone to it. With slp yes theyre nice and loud on a v8 but with a v6 its loud too but not the same sound at all.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Dont want loud..I want nasty.... mhm mhmm good nasssty..and w this cam, longtubes and a blower I bet I can pull off just about whatever i throw at it.. :dunno

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
Don't do them on a v6. If you want loud go with flwmaster 10s. They are loud. But they also have a 1 chamber. It gives a nice deep tone to it. With slp yes theyre nice and loud on a v8 but with a v6 its loud too but not the same sound at all.
I've looked at videos of both, and just IMO Slps sound a little nastier than 10s with the right setup. They will definitely sound a different type of loud on a six because its not the V8, but they still sound pretty mean on a six.

To OP: Youtube it and see what you like, but keep in mind cams and longtubes will also drastically change the sound of your engine.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
I've looked at videos of both, and just IMO Slps sound a little nastier than 10s with the right setup. They will definitely sound a different type of loud on a six because its not the V8, but they still sound pretty mean on a six.

To OP: Youtube it and see what you like, but keep in mind cams and longtubes will also drastically change the sound of your engine.
I have 10s, with a legal setup. cats, hpipe, 10s, Sounds mean enough. My buddy has slps but instead of an h he has an x. Doesn't sound to good imo. Videos on youtube sound nothing like what they sound in person.

·
Regular
1,237 Posts
Flowmaster 10 sounds like what you are looking for. It's louder, a little raspier and more aggressive sounding. I don't think SLP's would sound very good at all. They would probably sound similar to straight pipes, which sound pretty bad (I had them with an H for a couple months)

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
I have 10s, with a legal setup. cats, hpipe, 10s, Sounds mean enough. My buddy has slps but instead of an h he has an x. Doesn't sound to good imo. Videos on youtube sound nothing like what they sound in person.
Yea that's true, probably the x pipe tho making things sound bad. I've heard H piped slps that sound great. But true, youtube isn't the best arbiter of what a system sounds like.

·
Livin' the Dream
303 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get the Mac Catback for your car. It sounds amazing. I had it on my 1998 v6 back in the day. And for god sakes always keep your cats unless you go cammed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts