Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been golfing for five years now and my golf set now is three years old. it was a shitty maxfli set. i have broken the six and seven iron so i figured its time for a new set. im not crazy good but i average 10 over par on nine hole. i use cavity clubs and im looking to spend around $300. found these and they look nice i just never hit them before
New Callaway Diablo Edge R Irons 4 AW Set Uniflex Steel 2012 "R" Remake 4 PW AW | eBay
then i saw these but i cant tell if the bottom of the club is flat or not. looks like it has a a spot taken out the it rises up again.
Cobra S3 Max Iron Set 4 PW GW Steel Regular Flex New | eBay
any other clubs i saw my local sportsauthority had nike clubs for $299. im open for any suggestions. thanks everyone

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
Just go there and ask to hit the clubs.

I bought a set of Adams Irons for $200 from Dicks, never got to play a round with them though. I did try them out before I bought them though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Incoming spam of questions!
Where do your 10 strokes per side come from (short game, long, putting, combo, etc)? (/waits for the jokes)
When you do, do you hook or slice?
Thin or fat?
Whats your 9I distance?
Do you want a set that will let you know what part of your swing sucks, or one that covers up your mistakes or one that's in the middle?
Does top-line or offset at address make a difference to you at address?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I was able to pick up a used set of Callaway X-16's (4-PW & SW)for $100 off eBay. All in excellent shape. They're cavity backs, and very forgiving. Search for X-14's too. Very similar.

With eBay, you have to look for fakes. There's websites that explain how to spot fakes, read it thoroughly and look for those indications when buying.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
I use the Callaway X-18 Pros and love them. This is currently my second set of X-18s and all I have used for the last 6 years.

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
I use the Callaway X-18 Pros and love them. This is currently my second set of X-18s and all I have used for the last 6 years.
+1 to these, I use a second hand set that have been really good to me, although I haven't golfed in over a year now lol.

Drivers are Callaway Big Bertha something or others...

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm all over the place with my game for the most part I can drive good its my second shot that usually ****s me. If its longer than a 7 iron I suck. Everything I'm decent at. I'll have to look into x-16. Id rather buy new just because you don't know how many hits are on the clubs I know it doesn't really matter but just how I am. Thanks form the input so far guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts