Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not new to the mustang world, so I've seen what people claim with basic bolt ons and what not. I know that our 2valves dont really respond all that well to bolt ons, but I just got the urge to buy some **** I probably didnt need last night using a little tax return. I'm bored at work and thought maybe I would bring up a question. Added to the mods I already have, what do you guys think I should expect to see with the mods I baught last night?? This is what I got last night, should be here in about a week.

Steeda underdrive pully kit
Accufab 70mm TB and plenum
Motoblue COP kit
Diablosport predator tuner
SLP catless Xpipe

Oh and I also got some maximum motorsports CC plates to.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
every bolt-on helps, and the more you have, the more they benefit.. everything you ordered last night should give you around 20-25whp...maybe more...minus the COP kit, I would send it back!

you will definately see much quicker throttle response with those!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i like everything but the cop kit and the diablosport....sorry but bad choice imo...sct is 10 times the capabilities...see if you can switch
and +1 on the hp and trottle response^^

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like everything but the cop kit and the diablosport....sorry but bad choice imo...sct is 10 times the capabilities...see if you can switch
and +1 on the hp and trottle response^^
Ok, the only reason I went with the diablo is because I know for a fact I can adjust my gear ratios with it. This may be a stupid ? but can I do that with the SCT also? What other advantages does the SCT hold over the diablo?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ok i dont have one personally but from what i have seen your options are almost limitless...and yess you can adjust your gear ratios...im asuming you mean to calibrate your speedo for your 4.10's

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Ok, the only reason I went with the diablo is because I know for a fact I can adjust my gear ratios with it. This may be a stupid ? but can I do that with the SCT also? What other advantages does the SCT hold over the diablo?
I've had both the Diablo and SCT, and they are very similar, and you can do gear ratios with both, BUT...... the biggest selling reason I went with SCT is because there are probably 6 or 7 SCT dealers and tuners to every 1 Diablo tuner within a 300 miles radius of me.

not to mention, several members on here can send you custom tunes for the SCT :yes

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I always heard good things about SCT until i bought an XCAL3 and tried to tune my car. turns out they messed up something with my tune and its been a month and they have yet help a brotha out. ive emailed and called at least 3 times a week since ive had it and still no help, its like pulling teeth or something. my buddy got great results with his sct but i just havent had good luck with mine. the way i look at it is, ive paid about $400 and its been a month, and NOTHING. thats just my experience with SCT though.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ive got to the point where im just ready to return it and say [email protected]^ it!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yea im a bit dissapointed but whatever, i guess.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'd say save the extra couple hundred and just get a twEECer and learn to tune it yourself.. or have the shop tune it with that.:)

Im not a fan of programmers...I've personally got an SCT 4-bank flip chip. Love it to death...No problems...If the tune is bad, it's not the chip's fault, it's the tuner's fault.

I'll be getting twEEcer soon though..great from what i've seen and heard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts