Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so many many months ago I bought a new flip open key for my Stang and it basically sat around forgotten. I finally came across it the other day and decided I wanted to use it for once or at least have a backup key. Well I called Ford and its $130 plus tax to do it which is insanely expensive. Im still not sure if im going to do it or just call another dealership and see what they charge. (My buddy did his on his Dodge for like $12)

Real question is has anyone had issues after programming their key fob. Im really hoping this new one will have a slightly better range on my car since mine has to literally be about 8 feet away to work and the battery has a full charge. I would hate to screw up a good key fob just to get this other one working and my car do something retarded and drain the battery or whatever.

Also anyone ever get this done and get charged less.... $130 to cut a key and program a key fob... and its going to take 45 minutes... sounds like bullshit to me.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
where did ya get the key i want one

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ebay.

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
I just bought a new 2010 style key/fob from dealer. Much cooler haha.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I still dont know if I wanna use this key... I really just wanted something smaller overall and this thing is huge. I did however find a slide out key/fob combo which is about the same size as the stock key. I may buy it (only $60) and shop around to get it programmed. Im not paying over $50 to get a key programmed and cut and thats pushing it.

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Look online, you can probably program yourself, I did that with my Audi

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look online, you can probably program yourself, I did that with my Audi
I know if you have two key fobs you can program a 3rd but im stuck with one right now. If I figure out some way to program it i'll let everyone know but right now im not going to worry about it again for many months :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts