Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
i dont think so if you look at the diagram its a gt tb..... i have the bullitt intake and i use the 03 cobra cable with some spacers at the gas pedal.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
lol @ "bullitt appearance package" :facepalm:

that looks like a cable for a regular GT (look at the t/b & upper plenum)

the bullitt cable will be different that a GT cable...like tweety said, an 03 cobra cable should work. if it turns out to be a hair too short, use a 99-04 V6 cable. they have the exact same ends as the 03 cobra cable but are a good 1-1/2" longer.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I know that's why I was questioning it. I used a bullitt SN and that's what pooped up lol so the V6 cable and 03 cable are exactly the same?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is another reason why I questioned it and turned to you guys. So the 03 cobras and v6 ones work just the size will have to be played with?

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
the 03/04 cobra cable and the 99-04 v6 cable have the same ends on them that will work with the bullitt gas pedal and t/b. the v6 cable is about 1-1/2" longer than an 03/04 cable. i have a feeling the 03/04 cable is probably going to be a better bet for length. the v6 cable would work better on a mach 1 or 99/01 cobra

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
i did the bullitt swap i used an original bullitt cable though

ive seen people use the v6 mustang cable you could give that a shot

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I used a bullitt SN and that's what pooped up

That's because all Bullitt's have standard GT VINs...... there is nothing in the Bullitt VIN to identify it as a Bullitt. Pretty shitty. Bullitt owners must maintain their OEM Ford paperwork to certify each as a Bullitt.... plus the Hologram sticker on the strut tower and under the rear seat.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. Discontinued by Ford many years ago. Junyard sources like MPS Auto Salvage in Statham, Ga or use one of the cables listed above. Even the junkyards that have them typically won't let them go without the whole Bullitt intake, computer etc.....

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
You can check out IMBOC.com every once in a while one will pop up over there. Someone else mentioned MPS and they typically have had them in the past. I would just modify and use the Cobra one though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts