1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
327 Posts
Im pretty sure they are one of the popular one's on EBAY, I don't think i have heard anyone attest to the quality of the welds holding up or or anything.

Why not go with B&G or a Ponydown manifold instead, people have vouched for them..... That manifold has a T4 flange so a T3 turbo is out of the question unless you change it over to a T3, If your worried about spool time maybe just step down to a smaller turbo.

Also, from my research a 35mm turbo will not keep the boost down properly in the 7-9~ Psi range, I would go with something larger unless you plan on running alot of boost. Also your going to want 3 O2 bung's as you need one for your wideband.

Im at the tail end of a Stage 1 ponydown manifold w/ MP T70 and it's coming together nicely.

Note something though, Whatever you do, don't expect this to be easy man, I went into this thinking i was going to bolt this together over a weekend and all would be well. This **** is a chore and half, I probably have 60 hours into this thing with another 30-40 to go.

Between doing a head gasket, studs, and just getting fitment just right, it's not a bolt on like a typical previously turbo car would be.

·
Registered
852 Posts
for the 600+shipping you'd pay, if you had the money and time to peice together a kit, thne I'd say maybe consider it... Then again I haven't done any research on turbo kits for my car either so...

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
treadstone has been in the import crowd along time for there intercoolers.. I've never owned one but never heard of problems with there ic's

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
ok forget that, i wanna go with there full turbo kit with a turbonectics ball bearing 62 trim turbo, tial waste gate and HKS SSQV BOV
Man, it seems to me like your day dreaming all day.

Are you trying to save money, or are you trying to go balls out?

You really went from a shity china manifold, now to bb turbo, and top dollar wastegate and bov?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts