Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jus lookin for pix and time slips im in middle of build and wondering wats out there and wat there runnin....

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
good luck with that, not many out there due to many reason's. I thought about it for about 30 seconds a couple of years ago but slapped myself silly & I'm ok now.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I think the biggest one for most folk's is there's no way to make the car ever pass emission's testing again. on a strert driven car (as most are, if you were going full on race car & were doing this swap IMO if you weren't putting a big block in you'd be :eek:) that & the gauge situation (none of the factory gauge's work without the computer) kill it for anyone I've talked to who thought about it. the second big thing is the car will be worthless when your done so you better like it 'cause you'll never be able to sell it. lastly I think that there's just too much potental in the modular motor for it to be worth it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carb set up is gonna work great ill have loads of power at hand and the bottle for those zo6 that wanna run.. itll be a street/strip car emissions laws.. dont have any in sc so im good there.. mod motor cost to much to build and then to many prob i think i like carb easy to build and easy to tune.. but should be fun ride when it gets done...

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I'll agree carbed is tempting, thats why I've considered the swap myself.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
ummm... i have a windsor in my 2000 stang ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
carb set up is gonna work great ill have loads of power at hand and the bottle for those zo6 that wanna run.. itll be a street/strip car emissions laws.. dont have any in sc so im good there.. mod motor cost to much to build and then to many prob i think i like carb easy to build and easy to tune.. but should be fun ride when it gets done...
what block are you using... I bet its cheaper to build a stronger shortblock for a mod then a push rod based motor

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not sure wat block.. the motor is gettin torn down as i speak to check everything stroke valve size so on so forth suppose to be a stroker windsor motor.. i got a sweet deal on it and my mod motor took a **** and its easier to build and tune i think no computer bs to deal with..

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
what block are you using... I bet its cheaper to build a stronger shortblock for a mod then a push rod based motor
dollar for dollar the push rod is allway's gonna be a better bet (as in power for dollar), but there's plenty of issues to outweigh that as stated above (plus many more) :2cents

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah i knew, just playing.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
there ya go....

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
somebody needs to do some dialin in on that motor....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i youtubed a lil more and found a 01 with a 408 carbed set up is sick its a silver stang, i found couple sn95 cars but not anymore new edge

1 - 20 of 31 Posts