Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to do some wheel shopping after I get the Cobra done with the new setup. It will be a while but never hurts to start looking. I really like the look of the Billet Specialties Street Lites but am having a hard time finding pictures of any 17 front and 15 rear. I am curious on how it would look. If anyone has any pictures in would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
there is a guy with a silver cobra on modularfords that has 17 inch bogarts in the front and 15 inch in the rears. im going cheap and just running 15's in the back and leaving my stock wheels on the front for the track

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a guy with a silver cobra on modularfords that has 17 inch bogarts in the front and 15 inch in the rears. im going cheap and just running 15's in the back and leaving my stock wheels on the front for the track
thanks, Ill try and look him up. Ill end up buying four 17in for all way round and two 15 or 16 depending on what tires I will be able to fit. The 15x10 gives a lot of options as far as tire size goes

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
sra swap makes 15's fit nice. im in the air on pulling the tires on my car with big ass wheel spacers so like i said im leaving the stock front tires and going to use lakewood 90/10 struts

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
IMO no matter if you use 17's on the front or spacers, it doesn't look right.

just swap to GT front brakes, problem solved.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
yeah casper but 17s on the front of cobras look good... espcailly if you have a big brake setup :)....their are alot of guys on svtperformance that run 17s... if your makeing power casper why would you want to swap to sorry ass gt front brakes lol? i was going to go with 17in bogarts up front but didnt want to pay the extra 200 bucks to get them..so i settled for some 16s they will look just as good over the 13in baer drilled and slotted rotters with the poweder coated red calibers:)

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
yeah casper but 17s on the front of cobras look good... espcailly if you have a big brake setup :)....their are alot of guys on svtperformance that run 17s... if your makeing power casper why would you want to swap to sorry ass gt front brakes lol? i was going to go with 17in bogarts up front but didnt want to pay the extra 200 bucks to get them..so i settled for some 16s they will look just as good over the 13in baer drilled and slotted rotters with the poweder coated red calibers:)
I just think 17x4's on the front & 15x10's on the back look retarded.

as to the stopping power, thats just dumb, your still hauling a 165ish tire down, it's not like you have a tire on there that can really do any good for stopping.

also since the o/p is very local to me, we have been talking the last few weeks & I don't get the impression that he's trying to cut corners on the drag side of things.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
going with a 17in isnt cutting corners on the drag side but going with some stock ass gt brakes are...hell gt500s run 17s up front and they run 8s...it isnt going to hurt the time at the strip at all and will still look gonna makeing that 9 sec pass with those sexy 17in front runners lol

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
going with a 17in isnt cutting corners on the drag side but going with some stock ass gt brakes are...hell gt500s run 17s up front and they run 8s...it isnt going to hurt the time at the strip at all and will still look gonna makeing that 9 sec pass with those sexy 17in front runners lol
I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

a real legit (tech wise anyway) 8 sec car will have laundry though so the whole brake thing is kind of a mute point.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks for all of the feedback. This is such a complicated build due to the fact it will be 90% street car and will only see a track on Sundays which isnt too popular around here. I do want to stick with the cobra brakes. I know this may sound really stupid, but i was even considering 17x7s or 17x8s for the front. My main issue is wanting to try and grab traction on the street. Here is a picture of a guys Cobra off of svtp that he sent me. It looks like a very nice setup, but I would like to have the bigger wheel in the front. I PM'd him to ask what size they are.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hes running an 15x10 rear

·
Registered
532 Posts
imo i dont think any setup would look bad dude...you got a termi the thing would still look sexy as hell running on donuts ha

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imo i dont think any setup would look bad dude...you got a termi the thing would still look sexy as hell running on donuts ha
lol Thanks bud!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do like that. Its harder than what I would have thought to find pictures

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
ive been thinkin about this setup for a while... thought it would look good, then i saw this pic come up in another thread. this is the only pic ive ever seen with this type of setup on a stang.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ill deff need the rubber so ill probably do the Street Lites with the 15 rear and 17 up front. What width where you looking to go with up front?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if i were to do it, id go with 4.5 but id be lookin at these wheels for track only.
Mine will see more street than strip. I only put about 1000 miles on a year and the 26in and 28in drag radials sure are cheaper compared to the 315 et streets!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts