Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished wiring up my innovate wideband and gauge and i followed all directions and im using the analog 1 input(yellow wire). at idle im getting 7.7 and a 10.2 at WOT. I even sprayed it and it stayed at 10.2. idk if this is right or not.

what AFR should i be shooting for anyway?

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
Dunno if this will help or not, but I have an Autometer Wideband.
It can be set at two different readouts: AFR, and another unit of measurement called "Lambda"
I don't know **** about Lambda, but it could explain your whacky numbers.

At idle and cruising I'm reading +/- 14.6

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno if this will help or not, but I have an Autometer Wideband.
It can be set at two different readouts: AFR, and another unit of measurement called "Lambda"
I don't know **** about Lambda, but it could explain your whacky numbers.

At idle and cruising I'm reading +/- 14.6
I no its on AFR. i just dont no what else i need to do. ill try doing the free air calibration real quick and see if i get the same result.

in the manual it says that the analog output one is 1.1V= 14 AFR and .1V= 15AFR. so im guessing i did something wrong since the default is set.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i just redid the fresh air calibration junk and when i turn everything on its still sits at 7.7 but then about 10secs later it makes its way up to 10.3 and sits there.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stupid me. i checked my wiring and had the gauge reading from analog 1 and it suppose to read from analog 2. now that i switched them around im idling at 12.9-13.1.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
that's stupid rich for idle are you sure it's reading correctly?

at idle it should constantly be searching for 14.7, mine goes between 14.5 to 15 constantly at idle and steady speed cruising. then if your n/a you should be searching for about 12.8 or so at wot and on spray around 11.5 or so.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's stupid rich for idle are you sure it's reading correctly?

at idle it should constantly be searching for 14.7, mine goes between 14.5 to 15 constantly at idle and steady speed cruising. then if your n/a you should be searching for about 12.8 or so at wot and on spray around 11.5 or so.
Your right. I'm out driving now. Idle is 14.5-15.2 and at wot I didnt really watch it to close but it dropped to 13 and I think I seen a 12 in there somewhere Idk I was tryna watch the road

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
My car runs a little rich on startup when it's cold... like I'm sure it's supposed to.
Trying to read your AFR guage at WOT is a good way to crash.
Glad you got it sorted out.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I was going to get innovative motorsports wideband, but I knew someone that had a lot of calibration issues with it. It never seemed to hold very long. I went with a PLX and it auto calibrates every time on start up and I've never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I was going to get innovative motorsports wideband, but I knew someone that had a lot of calibration issues with it. It never seemed to hold very long. I went with a PLX and it auto calibrates every time on start up and I've never had an issue with it.
I dont know if thats a good thing that it recalibrates each time you start. I have a innovate and it says to calibrate it in open air or if your car has been off for like 6 hours so you dont have exhaust in there. If its calibrating each time you start it, its calibrating itself against exhaust fumes in the pipes not fresh air which means it wont be accurate at all. correct?

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i think so every 10k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts