Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good proven setups to run on the mustang gt's? I am boosted and made 437hp/452lbtrq

I ran a 340 pump with vortech voltage booster. W/o it I ran lean. Now the pump is burnt up and my car is useless in the garage.

I want to make sure I get a proven method this time. Any suggestions? Running stock tank with stock hat. Upgraded wiring.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
swap in a terminator tank, the twin pump setup leaves a lot of room to grow.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Im running a Kurgan fuel hat with Triple 340lph fuel pumps on 2 40AMP relays, nothing more to keep it simple and yes im running on my stock tank, but I welded my oen sump in the bottom.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
Iroush do you know what all I need to do the terminator tank swap?
if you get a complete tank, that's all you need. there was a couple lines I had to manipulate on mine, but it dropped right in.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
If you can get a Cobra tank then do it. If not, get a cobra hat with pumps, and throw on a boost a pump. Itll support 600rwhp. Just dont boost if you at a 1/4 tank or under.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Cobra tanks arent sumped, just baffled. Which is good. But a sump is better

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Mine is pretty bomb proof...

04 Cobra fuel tank
Twin Ford GT Supercar pumps
Zone 5 MDM pump module
Fore Precision billet fuel hat
-8 an braided s/s fuel lines
Edelbrock fuel rails
Aeromotive fuel filter
60 lb Ford Racing Fuel Injectors

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
I don't need to get anything else just tank and fuel hat with pumps is that what im hearing?
everything you see in my picture on the clean tank (which is the terminator tank) is what you need.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Mine is pretty bomb proof...

04 Cobra fuel tank
Twin Ford GT Supercar pumps
Zone 5 MDM pump module
Fore Precision billet fuel hat
-8 an braided s/s fuel lines
Edelbrock fuel rails
Aeromotive fuel filter
60 lb Ford Racing Fuel Injectors
This is a similar setup Im going with. Just a cobra hat instead of Fore, and running stainless fuel line pre fuel filter, stock line post.

What was your FPDC at? If you remember?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
the cobra tank setup is fairly expensive fyi. you can get a cobra hat/pump setup for under $200 if you're trying to save a bit of cash. as stated, just don't go below 1/4 tank.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
the cobra tank setup is fairly expensive fyi. you can get a cobra hat/pump setup for under $200 if you're trying to save a bit of cash. as stated, just don't go below 1/4 tank.
depends on where you look. picked up my tank for $250 total.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Wow. Thats awesome. Why I think sometimes a big return style system isnt needed. Unless you just want to go that way.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Fore Innovations
Glenns Performance
Kurgan Motorsports
DivisionX

some to look into

1 - 20 of 35 Posts