Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only had about 800 miles on the Royal Purple 10-30 oil so I did not change it 60 days ago (last time I ran it). Before I switched from Castrol High Mileage I feel I actually stopped some of the rear main & oil pan leaks that I previously battled.
As I do the little resto projects in the heated garage, I've noticed the Royal Purple leaks worse than ever....So now I want to switch back...

If I change the oil (still) in the middle of storage months:
1) should I run the motor first to warm it up or just drain it (I would think just drain it)?

2) IF my goal is to re-condition seals in order to reduce the oil leaks (again), maybe I should just wait till early spring when I can get some miles on it after the oil change?

3) I may even want to add some Bar's Leak rear main conditioner too (maybe)...What would you do?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Agreed. Replace the gaskets or seals that are leaking. I would not put any additive in an engine to stop a leak. If you want to drain the oil to change it, I would just drain it as it sits. Being that it has not run in a while most of the oil should be in the pan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts