Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm anticipating replacing my torque converter soon since it seems to be slipping alot lately. Anyone have any recomendations on a new converter that would have improved performance over the stock converter? My car is a daily driver/fun street car. My mods are in my sig.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The TCI unit ain't bad, but I've also heard good stuff about PrecisionIndustries products. Lentech is a good option too. For a daily driver I wouldn't go over 3000 stall, but that's just my preference.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Percision industries seems to be the perferred one for our cars but they are pricey, I have a TCI and been having good luck with it.

Only thing if i were to swap convertors again I would go with about a 2400 stall with the twin screw.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Percision industries seems to be the perferred one for our cars but they are pricey, I have a TCI and been having good luck with it.

Only thing if i were to swap convertors again I would go with about a 2400 stall with the twin screw.
Why 2400 stall? Driveability?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the triple disc, PI converter. What I liked about them is that they give you 1 free re-stall if you don't like where you are at. With twin turbos mine stalls at 2700. They are more expensive than the others but I only like to do a job once if I can help it!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have been thinking about a Fuddle Racing converter and I think they give two free restalls and they are not as expensive as some of the others.

I wonder why B&M makes no converter for the S197 Mustangs.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Twin screws make lots of torque early in the RPMs.

I actually have a friend that swapped from a PI 3200 to a PI 2400 and picked up 2 tenths in the 1/4.
basically same setup as mine.
Very nice. Driveability should be improved some too right?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm definitely going to look into one. Hope they ain't too pricey. Something like this should benefit the OP too. Hopefully he sees something that catches his interest.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah...practically same threads. Same OP too....huh. Well does anyone have any prices for the OP on any of these converters? My TCI 3000 stall was about $500.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
PI triple disc is just under a grand. I think it was $970.00 or something like that. It's about twice as much, but a far superior product expecially if you are running some horsies through it. I have had 3 TCI convertors go out on me (not on this car) and would not suggest TCI with anything more than stockish power levels. They just don't seem to handle the power that well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts