Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Drag Queen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CIA releasing a torture reported, oh i'm so shamed.

Tell me again why we should give a **** if TERRORISTS are tortured?
They seem to not give a **** when they are blowing people up and cutting heads off.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Because they know many US citizens are weak, enough of a percentage of the population to cause an uproar. The captured terrorists are not human, and should be used as sources of information only then disposed of.

I understand the mindset. Most of the ideology comes from early wars fought. There were Gentleman's wars. We used to line up across from each other on the battlefeild in almost a choreographed dance. One side would fire, then the other. Soldiers on both sides would drop, then the next wave stepped forward. We knew we could be more successful with guerilla tactics like the Indians used but that wasn't proper. Just like "torturing" terrorists isn't proper. Times have changed, the enemy has become more radical.

Our enemies exist and thrive on terror. That is why they are called Terrorists. Strike and run, strike and run. They use propaganda and videos to terrorize millions. You can't win against an enemy like that by being proper. You can't win against an enemy like that without full support of your country. These terrorists need to be dehumanized, used, and eliminated period.

Media and social media are pouring gasoline on the fire.

It's how society handles everything. People don't want to work so we give them EBT cards and welfare, criminals get caught and we give them second chances, meals dental care, food etc, members of the community rise up against the police and we let them burn buildings and loot, illegal immigrants enter our country and we allow them to stay. Terrorists blow up buildings and cut off heads and people are mad because they have a cloth placed over their mouths with water poured on to induce panic.

"That is not how America does things" is the excuse that is used. I can agree in certain circumstances but that method of thinking is leaving the US weak and vulnerable. I feel that many of the people who feel that way do so for personal reasons. If we allow the government to "torture" people how is that going to filter in to our society? Is the government going to come down on us? Are we not going to be a democracy any more?

I wonder how Russia handles terrorists, I bet a lot different.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
And on this day no ****s were given, not even one.

The DFAC at Jalalabad had a bunch of the locals working there and you could tell some of the bastards wanted to shoot you. Bet some of their family were the ones dropping mortars on us. I have no pity for them and would do it personally given the chance. Theyre the reason that we're in their shithole of a country so they brought it upon themselves. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. They could have fought back themselves.

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
Hell no and them releasing that **** has just made tensions worse where I'm at.
They didn't even act with thinking about safety, We're now having certain things suspended due to this crap and its already caused a **** storm on the FOB.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
No, I don't understand why someone would even want that report to come out, no good could come of it, none.
Right. There's no real good from this report. I am horribly conflicted when it comes to this topic. First off, US treatment of detained terrorists and "jihadists" is what has been fueling the unrest in the middle east for decades, the matter gets even more senstive when you factor in our handling and "business" in the middle east in the oil industry. Should we probably be treating prisoners like that? No. Is it probably causing more harm than good in regards to middle east violence? Yes.

Do I care? No. I think these "people" deserve the worst. But making this a public report is only going to further fuel violence and once again put our men in women in service in danger. I don't understand what the logic is with this, the media is becoming destructive to our country.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Interesting way to put it TaylorGT. On a public forum I just try not to talk about it too much.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
I do not "feel bad" for them one bit. But I do not agree with it being front page news. This sort of thing needs to stay quiet. Its kind of like during and interview with Bush, the interviewer was hammering him because he wasnt telling him the methods used in terrorist interrogations. If we tell everyone our game plan, what good is it anymore?

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Look at the last page of the Military thread, and the thread in the politics section for my opinions. I type quite a bit and don't feel like typing it again. I will say that it's completely political though, and as meant to shed light on the Republicans and their handling of detainees. Its not coincidence it came out at this time when the Democrats are under massive fire for the releasing of their fast and furious documents and the Obama care writer scandal. It should be no surprise it was released at this time. In fact, they probably have known about it for awhile, then just kept it in their back pocket to drop on the public the next time they came under fire.

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Hah even my girlfriend doesn't care if they're tortured and she's one to usually say the opposite.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts