Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so what have you got done to it?if you run a shift kit what kind is it?and do you have a tune and so on.i know these 2 valve cars seem to lack the power for some reason,for them to be rated what they are from the factory why don't bolt ons seem to affect them any?if you have any power secrets please share them.i have a cai,shortie headers,full exhaust and throttle body.i want to get better shifts and a whole lot more acceration out of it.i need a gear i know,and i also know these cars don't loose as much power thruogh the drivetrain as the foxes did with an auto.but if you have a quick auto car please fill me in and give me some tips.thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
a tune will help you ALOT. it will firm up the shifts and make it a all around better car. I prefer the diablo predator .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got told a flash tune would do,is this true or do you recommend a hand held tuner?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
ok dude get exhaust first, 4:10s , a cold air intake, and a programmer to start off.. shift kits dont do **** just give you a firm shift same thing you can do with the programmer. then go from there. i have a stall and love it but let that be damn near the last thing you get.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
like others said about the tune, the auto's take to them very very well and will make a big difference. a friend of mine has a 99 auto with 4.10's and gives me a good run from a roll. from a dig, he hooks a lot better and i have to work my ass off to run from a dig. a while back he went 13.6 and is in the neighborhood of 13.2 now. a flash stall will make little or no difference DD, and will greatly improve at the track.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok dude get exhaust first, 4:10s , a cold air intake, and a programmer to start off.. shift kits dont do **** just give you a firm shift same thing you can do with the programmer. then go from there. i have a stall and love it but let that be damn near the last thing you get.
i already have the full exhaust,throttlebody,i need the 410's i know but i want to learn more on the tune and stall.i've already seen a couple different recommended tune programmers on here but what is giving everyone the best results?? thanks

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
the diablo... do you have a cold air intake? i have a power percision stall cost 800 bucks but they make it to what you have done to you car.. i called told them everything i have dont and what i am going to do.. i told them cam lift and dirtatuion and everything. and its a night and day difference.. because it sucks launching at 1500 that not doing anything but when you launch at 3 grand and blow the tires off.. its like damn somebody gave my car some crack!!!!!!!!!!!...lol... but get a gear first

1 - 13 of 13 Posts