Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, how goofy does it look?

I'm looking at this kit (or something similiar) for when I finally get around to doing the 5 lug swap w/ 9" ends. I'd love the 14" kit, but I have a hard time justifying spending more than double the money for a car that's going to be on the street for 99% of it's life.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I'll spend that much on the front but not the back. 70-80% of your stopping power comes from the front. 20-30% isn't worth $1800...to me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am running Baers kit Front and rear. It was on the car when I purchased it so I am not sure what kit it was. Car stops on a dime!!

What I can tell you, is your never going to be able to fit draglites on any of the wheels as the rotors stick out too far and catch the rim.

Here is a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
What I was thinking is that the 11" rotors would look kind of small in a 17" wheel, but I can't really picture it in my head. I lean more towards road racing than drag racing.
Gotcha

I ment to say calipers stick out too far.

The cobra r's I have are 17''

·
Registered
566 Posts
I bought the Baer front and rear 13 yrs ago and at that time there wasn't one kit for both so I went with Track in front..... Touring in the rear.

I could be completely wrong here but I don't remember seeing the Cobra M 2300 K rear having COBRA on them either.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Cobra brakes with 17's up front and 18's in the rear...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Baer... front and rear.
I bought the Baer front and rear 13 yrs ago and at that time there wasn't one kit for both so I went with Track in front..... Touring in the rear.

I could be completely wrong here but I don't remember seeing the Cobra M 2300 K rear having COBRA on them either.
The set of Baer's on my car were acquired around the same time. When I purchased the car they were already on it.

Its nice to know that the name of the set since I didn't know what pads or rotors to order when I need to replace them. LOL

·
Registered
566 Posts
Link me to your car pics...I'd like to oogle a little...a little fapping may occur as well.

almoststock's Library | Photobucket

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

The set of Baer's on my car were acquired around the same time. When I purchased the car they were already on it.

Its nice to know that the name of the set since I didn't know what pads or rotors to order when I need to replace them. LOL
A few months ago I emailed Baer and told them that I had there Track and Touring and wanted to know what pads I would need when I relpaced mine and this is what Baer sent back.

Hey Paul,
The front and rear pads will be the same that is used on an 88-96 Corvette.
Thx!
Rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts