Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
UCC
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is lowered on steeda lowering springs and i have bbk upper and lower control arms with kyb shocks all around but i scrape everywhere

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
UCC
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried bolting up my exhaust a bit closer to the body but it didn't do anything also I'm tired of dragging it on bumps and the small sub frame bar under the cars is being grinded away, my question is; is there any exhaust that sits closer to the frame than the stock exhaust i have

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
i have no problem with my car and I'm dropped on C/O's with longtubes which are lower than a stock mid-pipe. I can tell you right now that your exhaust is not done right. whoever welded it, did not think about tucking it closer to the underbody and that's why you're scraping so much.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
^^^ +1
that exhaust doesnt look right. it shouldnt hang that low. Im on coilovers wayy below stock hieght and i only scrape on speed bumps which i avoid.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
:facepalm:

Somebody did not take the time to measure. The downpipes coming off the headers are too long and are pushing the hpipe down further than it should be. Shortening the downpipe will bring the hpipe back up to where it should be, but the rest of the exhaust will no doubt need rehung. No matter how you look at it, your exhaust needs redone. thats the only fix. Do it just right and you can use band clamps (like BBK uses) between the downpipes and cats instead of a solid weld for a bit more wiggle room. The clamps will take up some slack if the cuts are too wide. How much depends on the clamp. BTW, why is there an airtube on the outside of the cat? Im guessing the hpipe was pieced together from spares?

As for the subframe scraping, thats the price you pay for going too low. Only fix there is to swap a taller set of springs.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
forget having the exhaust not hung right, it looks like your pinchweld and frame rail are destroyed

:eek:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Dude... your frame rails are ****ed

How the hell did you manage this? Do you have any pics of the whole car?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yeah... Your whole underside from that pic needs redone. I as well have longtubes and am dropped a little over an inch and i hardly scrape. Though i am cautious.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
:facepalm:

Somebody did not take the time to measure. The downpipes coming off the headers are too long and are pushing the hpipe down further than it should be. Shortening the downpipe will bring the hpipe back up to where it should be, but the rest of the exhaust will no doubt need rehung. No matter how you look at it, your exhaust needs redone. thats the only fix. Do it just right and you can use band clamps (like BBK uses) between the downpipes and cats instead of a solid weld for a bit more wiggle room. The clamps will take up some slack if the cuts are too wide. How much depends on the clamp. BTW, why is there an airtube on the outside of the cat? Im guessing the hpipe was pieced together from spares?

As for the subframe scraping, thats the price you pay for going too low. Only fix there is to swap a taller set of springs.
+1- If you are on a budget replace that set up with an inexpensive OR X or H. You can add the cats if needed later. On your frame rails, somebody used a floor jack where it wasn't supposed to be.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
+ 1 it was amateur hour at the exhaust shop. It's welded at an angle

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
UCC
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The frame rails were like that when i bought the car and the exhaust was as well i found a bassani x pipe on craigslist which is probably what ill pick up this weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
When you put the x pipe on, before you tighten it down to the manifolds and catback, put a jax under the cross over on the midpipe, and jack it up. Then tighten down the manifold nuts, then catback.

It'll sit up a lot higher. And won't have issues

·
Registered
301 Posts
When you put the x pipe on, before you tighten it down to the manifolds and catback, put a jax under the cross over on the midpipe, and jack it up. Then tighten down the manifold nuts, then catback.

It'll sit up a lot higher. And won't have issues
This is what I did and it dosnt hang at all

·
Registered
657 Posts
nothing a little UPR x pipe cant fix...gain power and its closer to your cars bottom. i have H&R Race Springs with KYB shocks aswell and I dont ever scratch...but I do have 18's with tall tires...

·
UCC
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live in the country side of texas as well where roads are crappy so i assume ill scrape more than y'all but still btw how low do pacesetter headers sit? And what is so bad about them that makes them unpopular

·
Registered
301 Posts
Upr o/r x pipe fits great i reccomend it, with that said i have a brand new one for sale ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts