Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the tabs on the inside of scoop appears to be a weak leak and have
started pulling away from the scoop so basically at any speed over about 40 the scoop starts flappin some. Looking for ideas to bond the scoop to the
hood as i like the scoop and i just put the 4.6 AM badging on it. My buddy gave me some 3m adhesive tape I may try but the edge of the scoop is so stinking thin where it contacts the hood and there doesn't appear to be much surface area. I also thought about buying some kind of liquid bonding material but just don't know really how to fix this. I'm not looking to drill or add any holes to the scoop or through my hood. Thanks for any help..

·
Registered
904 Posts
sounds like the way to fix it right is to get a new scoop

·
Registered
257 Posts
I thought the 03 gt's came with the scoop factory so If its a factory scoop can't you just tighten the bolts on the underside of the hood a little more? I would take it off, Then put the 3m tape on it and cut off the excess with an exacto knife then remount and tighten it up.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I was afraid to bondo mine on with the risk that it might crack...I ended up spraying my scoop black, spraying a carriage bolt black, and drilling a small 1/4" hole through the hood scoop right over the existing hole from the front honeycomb bolt. It's held up very well since then, and it's hardly noticeable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts