Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught a video of crossfitters in action and their results and it REALLY makes me want to get into it. Does anyone here do it? If so how do you like it? I would jump in right now if it was $110 a month here...

heres a quick vid

·
Registered
286 Posts
Crossfit is ridiculously expensive to join xD. But I know a guy who actually does it for reebok, he's even in their latest commercials :D and obviously he loves it. Not to mention, he's in crazy shape doing it for a living.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
My brother, and my new buddy that I just made are CRAZY into it...

But, ****'s expensive and if you're new to working out, forget it. You have to be pretty badass already to start. But, it's friggin fun. I love it.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
I see how it will help you lose weight, but most of the time the shitty form involved results in injuries.
Diet is 50% of the battle too, dont forget that.

The question you should be asking yourself is what do you want to do? Get skinny and not be worried about muscle or be muscular with low body fat?

1. Its too ****ing expensive
2. Mainly women
3. Broscience
4. Terrible form (because of the broscience they preach)

·
Official Thread Killer
10,459 Posts
Our command wants to change our secondary gym into a cross-fit gym... If it happens, I can't wait until the accidents start flying out... mainly because I actually spoke up on this subject while the higher ups who don't know that much about it were strolling around talking about all the changes they were making and "inovating the way we do fitness"

Honestly I don't think we need any more mishap reports... we file at least 3-4 mishaps a week (not including pt test fallouts)

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
but most of the time the shitty form involved results in injuries.

This. If you don't know what you're doing you will hurt yourself. Doing powercleans, snatch, clean and jerk, other power/olympic lifts without knowing what you're doing is a good way to have lower back problems later.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
A few people on here crossdress but I don't think anyone does crossfit... :shiftyeyes

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
"Kipping" is the biggest load of bullshit ever. And CFers swear by it.

Lets use our whole body to do an exercise thats meant to target one part of the body.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Looks fun.... :shiftyeyes

:lmao

On a serious note - I know a couple people who got into it. It's not my thing but it looks like some decent cardio to be lifting with that speed/intensity. If you're trying to shred and tone out then it may be worthwhile but... it's not for me. I like traditional bodybuilding/powerlifting workouts and cardio.

·
I'm Learning Drugs ΔΧ
5,214 Posts
If you are interested in it, go to some of your local gym's websites. Most of them, at least the ones around me, have their workout of the day posted, and a history of them. Make a routine out of a couple of their exercises and go to the gym. Crossfit for the price of a gym membership!

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
Shits expensive

But if you're wanting to try one, look into groupon and living social. The gyms like to run specials on there to get new customers.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are interested in it, go to some of your local gym's websites. Most of them, at least the ones around me, have their workout of the day posted, and a history of them. Make a routine out of a couple of their exercises and go to the gym. Crossfit for the price of a gym membership!
Unfortunately my small gym is not set up for almost all of the crossfit moves/lifts, but i go there because its 3 blocks away and $24 a month

Shits expensive

But if you're wanting to try one, look into groupon and living social. The gyms like to run specials on there to get new customers.
The crossfit gym closest to me had a groupon a month back but I didnt jump on it. should they do it again I definitely will

1 - 13 of 13 Posts