Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to replace one of my right rear lugnut studs friday. anyone tackled this before?
and before someone comes in and says "beat it out", theres more to it then that. there is not enough room behind the stud to knock one out, or get a new one in.

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
you should be able to remove the caliper, rotor, and backing plate, and knock it out. if not you have to pull the axle

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
removed the back plate, the rotor with the brake caliper. the back plate really doesnt give you any extra room

and i was afraid of your last statement

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Go old school then if you don't have enough room. Get in there with a grinder and cut about an inch off the stud then just knock it out.

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Go old school then if you don't have enough room. Get in there with a grinder and cut about an inch off the stud then just knock it out.
doesn't do much good if you have to put one back in

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone on S197forum just did this without taking there axles out. Lemme see if I can find the article.

Damn, no instructions on the rears, but he says he just removed the caliper,bracket and dust guard.
on the rear? i dont see how this is possible

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$95 to have some one do it. but, i think if i follow the hub and bearing removal in the haynes, i can manage it. too damn hot today though

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, i couldnt believe when he said $95. up home i PA i could throw a garage $10 and they would do it.
i dont know what to do. looked in haynes but the tire assembly doesnt look the same as my tire assembly

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've replaced my rear axle studs. Didn't have to remove the axle for sure! Just a tap with a good size hammer to start them out then line up the stud with the hole in the caliper shield thing. If you're going oversize that may be an issue though.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just dropped it off to have it done. I need to spend time with wife and kid this weekend. They are gonna torque my suspension bolts also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts