Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe im overlooking something here but it seems utterly impossible to find a steering wheel (in decent shape) for our cars. I was in the process of looking for a new wheel and man o man, im getting overwhelmed at how outrageous the prices are, and the availability. Seems like the fr500s are discontinued and if available, their going for $500. The stock GT wheels are usually all bashed up and if you do find a nice one, its still $200 and only single wrapped. And, when looking at cobra wheels, it seems as though they only came in charcoal and not black (unless im having bad luck looking). Anyone else tired of this garbage. I vote bring back the fr500 lol

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Oh, damn. I was gonna suggest the FR500 wheel as that's what I had on my Cobra and really liked, didn't know they weren't making those anymore.

Damn straight they need to bring those back, if I ever get another SN95 that's the wheel I want to put on there.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
nvm i thought you were talking about rims

·
Registered
808 Posts
Ya you will just have to pony up and spend the $500 if you want one. Seems insane. My wheel has a nick in the leather and pisses me off when Im turning and run my hand over it, but I am not $500 annoyed with it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Maybe im overlooking something here but it seems utterly impossible to find a steering wheel (in decent shape) for our cars. I was in the process of looking for a new wheel and man o man, im getting overwhelmed at how outrageous the prices are, and the availability. Seems like the fr500s are discontinued and if available, their going for $500. The stock GT wheels are usually all bashed up and if you do find a nice one, its still $200 and only single wrapped. And, when looking at cobra wheels, it seems as though they only came in charcoal and not black (unless im having bad luck looking). Anyone else tired of this garbage. I vote bring back the fr500 lol
Prestige mustang and mps auto salvage always have a huge selection. Decent price to, I paid 150 for mine, black leather wrapped in excellent condition,

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to have to check them out. does anyone know if the 03/04's even came with black wheels?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Most wheels I see, the color is damaged from wear or from chemicals.

I would suggest getting yours re-wrapped at a local interior shop.

Or just get a V6 (non-leather) one for super cheap. Those things stay looking perfect forever.

·
Jedi
279 Posts
Yeah usually a tough find. gunna cost ya if you want a nice one

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i found a black one out of a sn95 cobra for cheap money with airbag. it took me months to find one but i eventually did. just keep looking and youll find one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did a Momo hub, NRG slim quick release mounted to a Nardi wood grain wheel. I fell in love haha. I got a FR500 wheel for sale if Interested. Still in the air of selling it. Not for 500 though. I'd knock 100 bucks off if someone came to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts