Modded Mustang Forums banner

lesus a go or nogo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was lookin at a 1992 lexus es300 for $1500 has a clean body, some getto rims, new (used) tranny and looks to be well kept but...

it has a BHG (Blown head gasket)
and 180k+mi <-not too bad for a toyota

my question is...

how hard would it be to fix (roughly)
do i need to do anything to the head other then resurface it?

What does it cost to resurface heads and do they need to be taken all the way apart?

Lastly what are lexus's like as a car? Maybe I should ask at a Lexus forum?

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
hey guys i was lookin at a 1992 lexus es300 for $1500 has a clean body, some getto rims, new (used) tranny and looks to be well kept but...

it has a BHG (Blown head gasket)
and 180k+mi <-not too bad for a toyota

my question is...

how hard would it be to fix (roughly)
do i need to do anything to the head other then resurface it?

What does it cost to resurface heads and do they need to be taken all the way apart?

Lastly what are lexus's like as a car?
all u need is a grinder and a good pad to resurface the head..... it's not that hard......i've done it to 5.0's and i'm a novice...

and lexus's are good cars', but i've never been in one older then a 98

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought you had to send them out? they are aluminum btw. what does it cost to send them out?

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I beleive the resurface is to remove all the old gasket material so you get a good seal with the new one. As long as its not warped it should be cheap. althought lexuss are expensive and not good for a beater if that wuts ur looking for.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Honestly I think your overpaying for a 92 with that many miles and a blown head gasket. If you look around you can find much better deals.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
First off, Lexi are awesome cars, so long as you know the right ones to get.

I think the ES models are just glorified Camrys (by that I mean same chassis and engine), though, so probably not worth it.

the ISs and SCs are what you want.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was gogin to offer 800 i got there and the thing was decked from air ride to jl subs its just not what i was looking for so i bought a ****us (focus)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts