Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not in the mood lately to pull the dash and disconect all of that a/c crap, how much does it usually cost to have the heater core changed?

oh i called a shop and they old me 408$.........

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
im not in the mood lately to pull the dash and disconect all of that a/c crap, how much does it usually cost to have the heater core changed?

oh i called a shop and they old me 408$.........

ouuch

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
dude i dont think an hour in a halfs work is worth 408 bucks

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
just bypass it winters basically over that gives you all summer to do it

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
an hour and a half..........Yeah right. What's the secret.

Mine needs to be replaced too.
No secret Its not that hard at all.The first time i ever did it it took me an hour and a half.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i could see it being done in an hour and a half for somone who had done it before or watched it being done before..but thats just getting it replaced i dont see someone taking out both seats the center console the gauge cluster knowing exactly which bolts/screws to pull off pull the dash out or peel it back replace the heatercore and then put it all back together (correctly) in an hour and a half on their first attempt..

it will take someone who isnt a retard about 3-4 hours of solid work to completely take it apart and put it all back together if they have not done it.

there is no secret pull your seats pull your center console and start un screwing any bolt/screw that looks like it is holding the (frame) of the dash to the body of the car and
wiggle it to see where its held on at .. there is no need to pull the dash off the dash the dash frame..i did cause i didnt know any better at the time and i also replaced the ecu harness at the same time..

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
It can be done but the only thing that was left in my car was the dash,cluster,and carpet my car did not have any seats in it or a center console.

if you dont believe i can do it in an hour and a half then come in down to Tn. :D

And yes it was my first time

·
Registered
825 Posts
Good god that looks like alot of work.

Are their any bolts that would be required to be removed from the engine compartment area. Or are they under the dash inside the car?

·
Registered
371 Posts
first time in my 88 took me better part of 4 hours with lots of smoke breaks, its basically easy work, just time consuming...

my f150 one however was a breeze done thru the glove box and 30 minute job, wish they were all like that.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
seans looks like it lays parralell to the roof, i thought it was verticle on the fire wall, and to bypass i just put a pipe in between those hoses right?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
meh
5,272 Posts
I watched my brother change the one in the 94 cougar my mom used to have...

The entire center console and dash had to be removed.. removing the seats made it much easier to get to the bolts for the console and see under the dash. Not to mention Ford likes to hide those damn screws so they couldn't be seen in plain sight, nor accessed very easily.. :(

Its do-able but just takes time and patience as to not start ripping parts off :)

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
[email protected] hrs. That's funny. Maybe on something stripped down. 3-4 hr. working steady just pulling the dash back. Done it a couple times. It takes me six w/ smoke breaks and a few beers, phone ringing etc.
I have already said that it was the car only had a dash console and guage cluster in it.THATS IT.\\\

If you dont believe me then come on down to Tn,

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
is it completely neccesary to pull the dash?
You dont haft to pull it all the way out of the car but it makes it alot easier,but in regards to your question the dash has to be pulled back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts