Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a t-5 tonight for a damn good price that i am going to go through put new syncros in and sell.. it came with a hurst adjustible stop screw shifter wanted to know if it is any good..it also came with the bell housing clutch fork HD clutch pressure plate and flywheel...$200 shifts nice i havent opened it up yet but i am tomorrow i am going to go soak it in gunk engine bright to clean it before i get started..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hurst shifters are nice but go with the B&M Proshifter They say its tough enough for King Kong! It was worth the money. My stock shifter is all wore out 48k miles put that B& M one in shifts were on point and quick and smooth. I had a hurst T-5 svo shifter its good but they still have that bushing that wears out on the shifter arm. B& M solid as a rock. Good Luck with the tranny.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you mean this one? i couldnt break this thing if my life counted on it. such a great shifter and i have never missed 2nd to 3rd with it. everytime i let a friend drive my car they want to figure out how to make that shifter fit their car

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
i just bought a t-5 tonight for a damn good price that i am going to go through put new syncros in and sell.. it came with a hurst adjustible stop screw shifter wanted to know if it is any good..it also came with the bell housing clutch fork HD clutch pressure plate and flywheel...$200 shifts nice i havent opened it up yet but i am tomorrow i am going to go soak it in gunk engine bright to clean it before i get started..

Both my cars have hurst shifters and I haven't had any problems yet. Just make sure you get the shift stops set right. Hurst has been around forever and there is a reason for that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
my dad boug a hurst billet plus lshifter for his car and it is not very good it does not shift very nice and they did not send it with the right stuff so we had to send it back and wait for another one and when we got that one we put it in the car and it did not shift right for anything, i also know a guy that had that same shifter and broke the handle right off of it going form 2nd to 3rd

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hurst shifters are nice but go with the B&M Proshifter They say its tough enough for King Kong! It was worth the money. My stock shifter is all wore out 48k miles put that B& M one in shifts were on point and quick and smooth. I had a hurst T-5 svo shifter its good but they still have that bushing that wears out on the shifter arm. B& M solid as a rock. Good Luck with the tranny.
this one has the bushings gone!!! do u know where i can get new ones...

i am not going to be using it i have a pro 5.0 the shifter the hurst shifter is going to be sold with the tranny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts