Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I just move no sh1t a mile away from one of the entrances to the Blue Ridge Parkway (The most mountainous part 6047ft altitude), which is the prettiest and most exciting drive in the U.S. You see Porsches, Super bikes, etc hauling ass on it. Its like a European Open Race Course.

Anyone ever done it? I can't wait till the weather gets a bit nice and it opens again.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Havent been there but did drive the dragons tail in NC about a month or so ago... Beautiful pics though. Wish I lived somewhere like that..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is that a Ferrari or a Porsche in the picture, I can't tell from this angle?

j/k looks pretty sweet. you will have to let us know what the law enforcement scene is like though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been on the upper part in northern Virginia, but never the southern end. It's a beautiful drive, but I was driving a Ford Explorer at the time, so no fancy driving was done. Might have to take the Stang up to NC soon and try it out, sounds like fun.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Is that a Ferrari or a Porsche in the picture, I can't tell from this angle?

j/k looks pretty sweet. you will have to let us know what the law enforcement scene is like though.
i live about an hour from there; last i went was years ago but i think that its a drive the speed limit kinda road, especially with minivans doing 20mph around the corner.

btw thats a long commute to d.c from there huh?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Actually, I got out a map and looked to see where I'd been on it. I've driven the Skyline Drive out of Front Royal, before it becomes the B'ridge Pkwy.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Been there many many times...I only live about 1.5 hours away from Boone. Absolutely beautiful country and an awesome drive.
+++1 on the cops though. Very rarely not seen a state man on the parkway and plenty of mini vans

·
Registered
237 Posts
My wife and I drive a large portion of it at least a couple of times each year (usually spring and fall). It's a gorgeous drive, but I don't usually see many exotics racing down the roads - it's mostly family cars/vans taking in the sites ... and lots of bikers (Harleys) enjoying the weather.

·
Registered
753 Posts
yea I was there last summer on my harley...I saw 1970 Plymouth super bird...that was around mount Arie..lots of cops.. 45 mph..speed limit

·
Registered
153 Posts
When you get tired of that drive I got one for you, Arkansas Scenic Highway 7! It will put your S197 through its paces. Did it last summer down to Hotsprings and it was a blast although my wife was very good about it her knuckes were blue when all was done. It has these hair pin banked curves up and down what these folks call mountains, one after another for miles and miles. They are marked 20 and 30 miles an hour but you can take them an average of 50 mph faster, 20's/70 and so on. I had one problem around one of the many blind curves when a young rider on a crotch rocket met me in my lane with his knee already scimming the ground he had no way to get out of the way but my stang reacted like a pro and I missed the head on by at least a foot! :eek: But for true driving enjoyment it's the stuff, I saw one ranger and that was it. A large part of 7 runs through a National Forest great view even at a blur! LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have ridden it for the last 4 years in June on my custom 240 VTX at the Honda Hoot Motorcycle ralley. Awesome riding and the view is simply amazing.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
its about 4 hours from me in east va but ive been there alot but only drove it once in a friends drift supra much fun

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tassy do are you talking about Hwy 7 or the Blue ridge, if you are talking about Arkansas what did you think of the locals coming around the curves in the wrong lane in their 70's pickups! ? Dosn't 7 have some awsome pavement and those banked curves are a hoot!

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Blue Ridge.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
that place is awsome for drifting

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
i do it with my friends supra twin turbo its sweet we go up like once a year