Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to bolt the new turbo onto my 2.3, I ordered a new wiring harness because the factory had been cut, splice, half crimped etc. and I figured why not update my computer to a stand-alone. I spoke with my tuner about PiMP and he did not like the fact that it was Mega/Micro squirt based, I asked why and he simply stated that with Mega/micro squirt it is basically impossible to compensate for battery offsets. He insisted that instead i go with Haltec.

My question is: Seeing as PiMP is just Mega/micro squirt based, is it possible, or easier to tune the battery offset table.

I trust my tuners judgement, but neither of us know about this system, I hate to spend $700 and not see my engine at its full potential.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I do not know from personal experience about the Pimp unit, but have read a great deal. People really seem to like them. I would hop over to turboford and ask the same question. Quite a few guys run them there and you may even get word from the manufacturer himself on it.

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Not into the four cylinder scene. Actually I don't think I've ever posted in here. With that being said Haltec makes some pretty great products and I would use them over anything megasquirt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts