Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they make decent stuff but christ it seems like they come out with a new version of something every 6months. I stopped using their stuff cause it was like trying to keep up with PC parts.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Examples?
I don't really follow their line
I'm not a fan of carpro, they really mark their **** up
I also get annoyed at all the pbmg product over lap
The brands dd carries annoys me, very boutiquey and ****, if they'd actually carry more major brands they could have had more business from me, but I'm not buying that auto finesse over priced product either lol

Aa/dc has a good inventory just need to expand on it some
Ag has too much inventory :facepalm: lol

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are like on version 4 already of ONR, they have had 2 versions of Power clean already..hell what version are they on now of the spray compound and polish.
I dont find autofinesse to be over priced. The polishes, sealants, and such all seem to be inline with most other items. yes they have like 2 waxes Desire and another that are expensive but everything else isnt to bad

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think its a little cheaper at Autoality. the tar and glue remover is on par with TarX price, the sealant coating is around prices of Body Wrap. The shampoo is expensive.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I stopped using any of their **** because of this...

I bought their Hyper Compound and Hyper Polish and literally 1 ****ing week later they started shipping VII and pretty much told me to get ****ed...

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also what stopped me from buying their crap..Chris the rep from optimum on the forums who would post was a complete dick bag. He would put people down and try to insult you if you didnt like optimum or said that you felt the product sucked. i dont think a company rep should be insulting their customers. So optimum can go **** themself. I wont ever buy another product. Ohh and their new MF pads blow dick compared to the original meguiars pads.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
they burnt the bridge with me when they ****ed me over on the compound and polish...They had inventory of the old **** so thats what they decided to unload on people...Not even a damn discount...

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea Optimum is out for me. I still have a brand new 32oz bottle of ONR left but I am not really a fan of the stuff. I have no idea what version it is. Plus i have read alot of threads about ONR was killing peoples collinite 845 wax. so if it strips that off or degrades it what does it do to lesser waxes that are for beauty. i dont know if I want to even use it

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
yea Optimum is out for me. I still have a brand new 32oz bottle of ONR left but I am not really a fan of the stuff. I have no idea what version it is. Plus i have read alot of threads about ONR was killing peoples collinite 845 wax. so if it strips that off or degrades it what does it do to lesser waxes that are for beauty. i dont know if I want to even use it
Thats like people that use simple green at full strength and then wine that their cars look like ****...

I need to get some of that Ultima rinse-less that you rave about...Next thing I buy from you I will have to see about getting a sample of it...

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats like people that use simple green at full strength and then wine that their cars look like ****...

I need to get some of that Ultima rinse-less that you rave about...Next thing I buy from you I will have to see about getting a sample of it...
Simple green is a product that will NEVER be in my house. it can cause to many issues.
Ultima is great and the DC price its like saying WTF why am i not buying this concentrate. each bottle makes 5gallons of QD

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Simple green is a product that will NEVER be in my house. it can cause to many issues.
Ultima is great and the DC price its like saying WTF why am i not buying this concentrate. each bottle makes 5gallons of QD
Thats what I hear...

I prefer zep anyways as far as a nice general purpose cleaner...

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like megs APC+ thats another DC priced item that is sooo cheap for 1 gallon. I just bought another gallon and still had 1/4gallon left in my other bottle

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I get Zep at Home Depot for $9 a gallon...That gallon will last me 2 or 3 years LOL

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I get Zep at Home Depot for $9 a gallon...That gallon will last me 2 or 3 years LOL
I cant say the DC price on here but its good bit cheaper then that..your a member right? my first bottle is almost 2years old. stuff is so strong I mix it around 10:1 and that works for me so i get almost 10gallons out of a bottle

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I cant say the DC price on here but its good bit cheaper then that..your a member right? my first bottle is almost 2years old. stuff is so strong I mix it around 10:1 and that works for me so i get almost 10gallons out of a bottle
Yea I am a member...I will prolly throw it in with my order from them since its kinda one of those why not kinda deals

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ohhh not sure how many would venture. Over the summer I was talking to T about putting together a Detail show. Kinda like a smaller version of AG detail fest. he is looking into it for this upcoming summer

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I would try my best

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
:lol at not liking a company that develops their products.... It's kinda like the people who bitched about their 2010 GT's when the 11's got announced. Progress means moving forward and developing better products...

Personally I haven't had a problem with Optimum... Opti-Coat has been working exactly as described, going on 6 months of protection now. Poli-Seal is an excellent AIO. And I haven't had any problems with ONR stripping protection, plus I mix it up as my quick detailers and clay lubes...

:dunno

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its not just the stupid amount of updates they make. its also how the rep treats others on the forum. he acts like he is above everyone.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts