Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 gt Mustang right now with bbk underdrive pullies.bbk shorty headers.k&n cai.75mm throttle body with upper plenum...o/r h pipe.super 40s. Short throw shifter. 4:10 gears. 93 octane tune..........I believe that is it from what I member cliff said to the wheels it was arkund 265 or so........I just ordered stage 2 heads ported and polished and stage 2 cams what do u think it would do to my stang could I really see any difference and if so how much?????? Im keeping this all n/a for now but since I got these heads in the future I guess I could put a blower but for now it is n/a....if u can please help thank u

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I would to.

Op probably around 315. Give or take some

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Weve had this discussion before. BBK sucks. There quality is decent at best. Throttle bodys stick, exhaust's leak/dont fit properley etc....

Putting a balancer on, that might not be balanced correctley is an easy way to wipe out the oil pump/motor. If you go with u/d pulleys, only ones Id ever use is Steeda.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
my BBK 78mm tb/plenum combo is a nice peice but did stick. Just need to adjust the idle screw. But when I swap to the eddy/6061 setup Ill be going to a Accufab throttle body. But it doesnt give me any issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive had problems with my shorty headers but just thought it was part of it....when i put them on like within a day or 2 it started leaking and hasn't since well i take that back it started up again last week but hek its been about a yr since it has done anything......and scott for some reason that girl in ur photo shes hot hahahah

·
Premium Member
13,581 Posts
275RWHP!! and yes with stock compression and stage 2 heads/cams I wouldnt expect to much more. If your compression was bumped up I would say much more.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I really think it'll make more then 300rwhp. I've seen full bolt on + cam 2v hit 300rwhp. Heads will only help.

It'd be the same price, if not cheaper to buy a used blower kit and make 375-400rwhp

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
300-310rwhp

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well see thats where im lost at shaun...fyi good right up on ur post for affordable sc kit.....never thought of that.....the heads amd cams are all installed already and the guy was going to install thwm on his car but he is having a kid so he is selling everything.....the heads amd cams are 900 shipped to my door and thats cheaper than cheap can be........now my mech is gonna charge me 700 to install them so thats a total of 1600 there.........now ur kit was around 1700 but than that would mean additional money to put it on whixh I would have no idea to do so guessing 2500 total give or take would I be correct?????.....I mean damn d. U get one hek of a deal on tbthat but not completely sure what direction I would wanna go in the future... with my car.... and I wish I could find a used kit but everywhere I go they want like 2500 buks

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I have both BBK 75mm TB/Plenum and BBK long tube headers with catted mid-pipe. Been running the TB/plenum about 100,000 miles and the LTs about 85,000 miles. The TB did stick when I first put it on. It's called vacuum lock. A very small adjustment of the stop screw fixed the problem. I've had no other issues with it. My LTs have never leaked. They've even been loosened up to change a clutch and tightened back up. Still no leaks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.