Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone's heard of one of these new 5.0's blowing up yet. I haven't heard of anything, just curious as to the power the stock shortblock can hold. for example, i saw an article about a kb 5.0 making 600+ at 10psi, and wondered if the engine would last more than a few dyno runs or not. Any one heard any horror stories?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ouch. i wonder if it would of held together if it wouldn't of smacked the rev limiter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's gonna come down to tune and keeping the revs in line. I'm getting a 2012 so hopefully we'll know more by then.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I feel bad for adam blowing his up 4 times. :crazy

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Adam at ST went boom on the boost, too.
Adam didn't gernade the bottom of his motor. He swapped an Inovators West Balancer on it and broke the oil pump. When he installed the new oil pump and got the car running again it broke the new oil pump almost immediatly. His car was fine until the crank pulley swap and was making over 700rwhp.

So far the only one's I have heard are:
PSI Motorsports in Texas - 250 shot Direct Port Nitrous
BeefCake - Rev Limiter and took out some pistons
Speculation of Evolution Performance - F1A Procharger (Never said why)

All of these cars were making over 650 rwhp when they let go.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yea me too. I'm coming from a car that came with 263hp stock and anything over 350whp on stock internals was rolling the dice. So if I can throw an extra 200whp at this motor and have it hold together fine that works for me, heh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want 450-475 rwhp with this motor... daily driver, 70 miles every day. I think that is completely safe... for the MOTOR... the MT82 however having a torque rating of 390 worries the hell out of me!

·
Registered
285 Posts
thats why you use spray... 420hp with bolt ons for DD use and 550hp with spray for c6 and gt500 use.

thats what I do lol
You sprayin scotty? I've been thinking about it, you need to give me a ride along so I can make a decision haha

·
Registered
148 Posts
Scotty you told me you were going to spray it and give me a ride when I get back.. Well you better hurry up cause I am out of this b*tch in 26 days!! You have to show me whats I need before I take off again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hell yeah im spraying. I was running a 50 until i got a tune. Now a im running a 100 but the motor picked up alot more then that. These motors love the spray. You guys can get a ride. i promised Jason, so he gets first dibs.

Pm me if u guys ever want to met up with some guys from here too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts